Chapter 5

"I fucking told you to turn the stove off." Was the first thing in the morning Hyunjin heard. He woke up quite early for his liking due to a pungent burning smell and the waft of smoke that nearly suffocated him in his sleep.

He yawned and stretched his hands and coughed.

"You are still not out of the kitchen." He heard someone shout again. His drowsy mind tried to connect the voice to its owner's. It was Minho's. " This looks like charcoal, dipshit." He heard Minho swear more in those 3 minutes than he talked about in yesterday's meeting.

He freshened up and went downstairs only to find chaos. Minho and Chan were in the kitchen making breakfast. There was a frying pan lying on the counter with something in it that now looked a burned crisp. Felix and Han were whisking eggs while Changbin was just standing there.

"You are only allowed to enter the kitchen if you know how to hold a pan." Minho snarled at Hyunjin who was taken aback by the sudden charge on him. Minho turned his head towards Changbin and said while gritting his teeth "And you, get out.".

A smirk formed on Hyunjin's face when he found out all those insults were thrown at Changbin. He wanted to laugh but seeing Changbin's death glare he changed his mind.

" It's not my fault. No one's born a chef. Everybody makes mistakes but the most important thing is to learn from....." He was interrupted as a flying spoon landed on his toes.

"Holy cows. ouch."

Hyunjin smiled again. But this time not on Changbin but all of them. If anyone could see them right now, they wouldn't even think that they are some high-bounty hunters. Moments like these were never witnessed with Park Li. Although there were young people with him too, all they could talk about is a dirty business.

He turned around and only took a step when he bumped into something or someone. The latter stumbled a few steps back and that's when Hyunjin realized that Jeongin wasn't in the living room. He scanned the sleepy boy standing in front of him who was still in his silk pajamas, his hair messy on his forehead, and his cheeks were the slightest shade of pink. He looked so soft and delicate. Nothing like the mature boy he met in the bar...Hyunjin felt the sudden urge to put him in bubble wrap so he could protect him from any harm in the world.

Hyunjin you are not here for that

"Thanks for that, now I'm fully awake." Jeongin gave him a smile with his dimples popping out. "Where are you going? You won't eat breakfast? I swear that"... he pointed towards the frying pan. "This is either Changbin hyung or Seungmin's masterpiece. Chan hyung and Minho can cook well."

"Yeah, I'm coming." Hyunjin smiled and followed him to the tables which were now set with breakfast.

"Minho, everyone's waiting for you," Chan shouted, everyone else was ready to dive into the food.

"Ya' 'll start. I'm almost done with coffee." Minho's voice echoed from the kitchen.

They all helped themselves with the food and Hyunjin can easily say this was one of the best food he ever tasted.

"The shoes are here. We can start practicing right today." Felix spoke with his mouth stuffed full of eggs.

"I'll be getting the invitation cards too later this evening." Seungmin chimed in.

"I hope everything goes according to plan." Minho joined them with a cup of coffee in his hands.

"It will. With the type of people, I have, it's hard for things to go out of the way." Chan said with a playful grin.

Hyunjin's eyes traveled from Chan to everyone sitting, finally stopping at Jeongin who was quietly busy shoving food. It doesn't look like he was interested in the conversation but something in Hyunjin can tell he was the one listening to it most intensely. His face was missing the smile that he wears always, showing an intimidating side of him.

He looks scary but hot.

Hyunjin had his eyes on Jeongin and in his peripheral vision he could sense someone else eyes on him. He stole a glance only to find Minho's death glare on him. They were not threatening but a blank stare. They would have been less scary if they had some kind of danger. But it was hard to decipher what were Minho's intentions.

"Can I have some water?" Hyunjin mumbled loud enough that even Chan heard him.

"Oh, it's in the refrigerator. I will grab one for you." Felix said standing up.

"No, No It's okay. I will get some myself." Hyunjin stands quickly enough, not giving any of them a chance. He hates people doing work for him. He went inside the kitchen, where three refrigerators were aligned. He opened the first one only to find it stocked with beer and soda. The second one was telling the same story as the first one.

" Do you people even drink water?" He shouted from the kitchen.

" Save water, drink beer. That's our motto." Changbin shouted back followed by some playful grins.

"By the way, the double-door fridge has some water. We still have some minions who don't drink beer." Chan said and it was soon followed by a begging session asking for forgiveness from Jeongin.
.....
....
He hehe.. have a good day/ night mates

Please pay a visit to my other story another hyunin au.