Chapter 3

"Val... Val... VAL! Come on get up! Get up! Please!" You cried.

Val laid there limp, his hand freezing in yours.

You had used your last teleportation potion from Dark Magician Girl and you were miles away from home.

"Phoenix warned us not to go on missions. Why didn't we listen?!" you sobbed.

Suddenly everything went bright and you were in a graveyard. Your heart dropped as multiple orbs surrounded you.

"Val? Phoenix? Dark Magician Girl?!" You called.

You could hear whispers coming from every direction. It was all so overwhelming.

"Hello!? Anyone!? Val?!" you cried. Suddenly a purple string wrapped around your hand. It lead right to a dark purple orb. You approached it cautiously. 

"Y/N! LOOK OUT!" Val voiced screamed.

"Val!" without even thinking you grabbed the orb. There was another bright light and you were back in the forest with Val. Blood dripping from your nose. Your head was spinning.

Val gasped deeply as his eyes opened.

"Val!"

Still catching his breath Val smirked at you.

"You're full of surprises," Val said as you helped him sit up. "You know I would of came back right? It just takes time."

"You had me worried! I thought you were dead!" you cried.

"I was, but you brought me back, good job Y/n," Val wiped away your tears.

"Don't be so casual about it!" You yelled.

"Don't worry I appreciate it," Val hugged you," let's get home, we'll try something easier tomorrow."

"Yeah, okay," you whispered as everything faded.

~~~

Your eyes snapped open and immediately you felt sick. You rolled out of bed then ran to the bathroom. Instantly you threw up into the toilet.

That was just the start. After that you were barely able to leave.

You sighed and leaned against your tub. Arlo brought in your duel gazer which had an incoming call from Kite. You took a deep breath and picked up.

"Hey, how's it going?" you asked.

"Are you okay? Your vitals are concerningly high," Kite said.

"How do yo- oh right the bracelet," you mumbled," yeah I'm okay just a lil sick..."

"Just a little?" Kite raised an eyebrow.

"Ye- ugh," you shuddered.

"Hang in there I'm on my way," Kite said and hung up before you could object.

A few minutes later you were getting a call from Yuma.

"Hey you-! You look terrible," Yuma said as you answered.

"Thanks I tried," you mumbled.

"Well I guess that answers why you're not in school," Yuma chuckled nervously.

"Yeah, I haven't left the bathroom since this morning," you explained.

"Yuma let me talk to them," you heard Rio say.

"Sure," Yuma nodded. You saw Rio on the screen now.

"I'll be over after school," Rio said.

"Huh? What? No, you don't need to," you said.