Chapter 26

*Kite's Pov*

I couldn't stop thinking about what Hart had said to me.

I need to wake up?

I don't get it.

I'm not in a dream... right?

"Is something on your mind?" I looked over at my mom with a sad smile. We had been sitting on the porch in silence.

"I- I don't really know how to describe it...," I sighed," I know everything I've ever wanted is here... but this feels so surreal... like a..."

"Dream," my mother said.

"Exactly like a dream," I sighed.

"Because it is," my mother stated.

"What?" I asked as I jumped back.

"Kite, they need you," she now said firmly grabbing onto my hands.

The sky started to turn dark.

"I... who?" I asked.

"Y/n needs you to wake up," my mother now stated again.

Boom!

"Y/n? I don't get it... Y/n is...," I started and then at once it all seemed to hit me.

This wasn't real.

My mother hugged me as tears fell from my eyes.

Why was I crying?

"Wake up," she whispered.

I closed my eyes...

"I need to wake up," I said to myself.

*Normal Pov*

Kite's eyes were now closed and tears were falling from the corners of his eyes. You were shaking.

"Please Kite," you whispered.

Shine!

You knew that light.

You jerked your head back as a number shot straight up. It gained a physical form and went to attack.

Dark Mist quickly formed a barrier around you three.

"Kite...," you whispered.

Kite gasped as he jumped awake.

You quickly let go of his wrists and held the sides of his face.

"Are you okay?" you asked.

"Y/n? What happened?" Kite asked as you let him sit up.

"Number possession, Hart came to me earlier and said that you were missing," you said softly.

"Are you okay? I didn't hurt you did I?" Kite asked as he examined you.

"Not physically," you whispered.

Kite looked disheartened.

Thud!

You and Kite both looked up.

The number was pissed.

But so were you.

"We can talk about it later, but first I gotta get rid of the thing that's trying to kill us," you stood up. You started to spin your fingers forming a ball of energy at your finger tips. "This is about to get really ugly... you should take cover. Orbital should be close by."

Kite stood up as well.

"Y/n," he said softly.

You looked back at him.

"Please be careful," he said.

"I will be and when this mess is all over I'll explain everything," you said. Kite nodded softly as he stepped back. "I'm ready if you are Dark Mist."

You now had a firm sphere in your palm and as soon as Dark Mist dropped the barrier you threw it at the number. This took its arm clean off.

Number Ninety stood there, but quickly it regenerated its arm. Dark Mist quickly brought you your katana as you dodged out of the way then he himself turned into another Katana.

This was not going to be easy.

Ninety used its own sword and swung at you. You quickly crossed your blades blocking the attack but also being thrown back. You landed on the ground scraping the side of your arm. You hissed in pain as you pushed yourself up. You grabbed your two katanas and stood back up.

You took a deep breath and focused your energy through out your whole body. You could feel yourself getting colder, but this is the first time you've felt in full control.

You ran towards Ninety with immense speed, maybe even too fast for the number to catch up. You used both your katana and Dark Mist to cut off Ninety's legs. The wounds started to glow a bright white and it wasn't regenerating. You could hardly feel any of the tiny cuts and bruises you have been receiving in the process.

As Ninety started to fall you slashed upwards cutting the number into thirds.

There was a loud screech as the number in a last effort swung its sword at you. Without even thinking you cut the sword into thirds as well.

Finally you slashed the torso diagonally. with that number Ninety had returned to its card form.

You weren't done.

You grabbed the card throwing in on the ground and stabbing into it.

Then you forced what little energy you had left through the card.

Number Ninety shattered.

You had hardly noticed your heavy breathing as you fell to your knees.

This wasn't nearly enough to ease your anger towards the numbers.

Your hands up to your elbow were completely transparent.

"Y/n!" Kite quickly caught you before you fell completely to the ground.

"I hate them... so much," you mumbled, trying your best to regulate your breathing.

"I know, I do too," Kite mumbled as he held onto you tightly.

He wasn't letting go any time soon, you knew that and he knew that.

"We should get back to Heartland tower... and show Hart you're... okay," you mumbled.

"We can do that in a minute," Kite hummed. You were exhausted and your eyes kept flickering open and shut. "Get some rest. We'll talk later."

With those words you let yourself fall asleep.