Chapter 8

It was your final night with Master Roku and Kaze. You felt so much better. You're so glad that you came here.

But on this particular night you were having trouble sleeping. You sighed and sat up. Arlo was dead asleep next to you. You got out of bed, and something told you to go to the statue room.

You stepped in and saw the katana Master Roku and Kaze found. It felt like it was calling to you. You took a deep breath and grabbed the katana.

Suddenly all your hair stood on end. Something was off. Something was in the garden. You ran out and stopped mid track.

"Another number!?" You squeaked. You had a weird confidence now. You pulled the katana out of the sheath.

"Hey! Leave Master Roku's garden alone!" You yelled. Lancelot turned it's attention to you. You took a deep breath and took a step forward. Then in the blink of an eye the number was right in front of you. It swung viscously and you quickly blocked it. You jumped back dodging another attack.

You had to get it away from the garden. You dodge rolled and ran out into the forest. Lancelot ran after you, well it was more like float, but it was more of the same. Lancelot was gaining on you. You ducked once more as it swiped above you. A lock of your hair fell to the ground. You swung behind you, cutting Lancelot's leg off. The leg dissipated and a thick black substance started to spew from the wound. There was a loud screech. It swung once more as it fell. You quickly jumped out of the way of its attack. Lancelot pushed itself and started dragging itself towards you. How? How do you defeat this thing?

Balance... it was all about balance... just like Nasch had taught you.

You focused your energy towards the sword then swung. A white slash cut through the air hitting Lancelot taking off the head. The head dissipated along with the rest of the body. Now covered in a black substance you cringed, but the number card laid a few feet in front of you. You took a deep breath and grabbed the card. You made your way back to the dojo. You were exhausted.

When you got to the dojo you went right to the bathroom and washed up. Your hair was now an uneven cut. You sighed and grabbed a pair of scissors and went to evening out your hair. You took a shower then headed back to your room. With the sword dropped by your bed you collapsed next to Arlo and fell asleep.

~~~

AHHHH!

No! Please! Stop!

Spare my child!

The screams filled the air, but you couldn't see

It was too dark for anything.

Please save us

~~~

You gasped as you woke up. Your body felt heavy from exhaustion. You turned over and checked the time.

12:24 pm

"Ah!"

You quickly rolled out of bed and got up. If you were late for your training Master Roku was going to have your head. You ran to the statue room with no second thought, but neither Kaze nor Master Roku were in here.

You checked the kitchen... no... foyer... no...

Woof!

"Hi buddy, do you know where Master Roku and Kaze are?" you asked. Arlo wagged his tail with a smile and he started to run off. You followed after him. Arlo lead you to the garden. Master Roku, Kaze and Nasch were all in the garden.

"Ah Y/n! You're awake!" Master Roku smiled as he waved you over. To your surprise the vegetables had bloomed over night.

"Didn't you just plant these?" you asked.

"Isn't it amazing!" Master Roku smiled. You gave him a smile and nodded. "Go ahead and gather your things."

You went back to your room and started gathering your things. Then you realized the katana was gone... or maybe you never even brought it with you in the first place. After gathering your things you headed back outside. They had some veggies picked out for you.

"Are you ready?" Master Roku asked.

"Yeah I think so," you hummed, "thank you so much, all of you, I really appreciate the help!"

"Of course, you're always welcomed to come back," Master Roku smiled.

"And don't forget this," Kaze handed you the katana.

"Wait hold on, are you sure?" you asked.

"Of course," Kaze nodded.

"Thank you, I'll take good care of it," you smiled.

"I know you will," Kaze smiled back.

"Until we meet again Y/n," Nasch hummed.

"Yes, until we meet again!" you agreed.

With that you and Arlo started your way down the stairs.

---

You had never realized how nice it would be to walk into your home. Arlo ran inside and jumped onto the couch. You laughed as you slipped off your shoes. You headed to the living room and set your bag in the laundry room. You noticed Kite's coat... maybe that's how you should let him know you're back.

"You wanna stay home buddy?" You asked as you grabbed Kite's coat. Arlo laid down on the couch answering your question. "Alright I'll be back soon!"

You headed out to Heartland tower. You wouldn't lie, you were very nervous.

You took a deep breath and knocked on the door. You heard footsteps coming to the door and when it opened Kite stood in front of you. He was wearing a loose t-shirt and sweat pants.

"Lazy day?" you joked nervously. Kite blinked a few times then pulled you into a hug. You smiled softly and hugged him back. You could feel Kite relax. You must of really worried him. Kite sighed as he pulled away.

"I'm so glad you're back," he said softly.

"I am too, I feel so much better," you said.

"Good, and it looks like you got a haircut out of it too," Kite smiled as he brushed his fingers through your hair.

"Does it look bad?" You asked nervously.

"No it suits you," Kite hummed. You both smiled as you set your foreheads against each other. You stood there taking in each other's presence.

"Kite who is at the door?" Hart asked as he entered the foyer. Kite jumped and moved to the side revealing you.

"Hey Hart!" you smiled.

"Y/n!" Hart ran and jumped into your arms. You caught him, a big smile spreading across your lips. You stood there holding Hart in your arms. "I'm so glad you're home."

"Me too Hart, me too," you hummed. You set Hart down and you all headed inside. "I brought your jacket by the way."

"Hm, I didn't realize getting it back was an option," Kite teased.

"I needed an excuse to come over," you teased back.

"You don't need an excuse," Kite blushed slightly as he looked at you.

"Ewwww stop being flirty!" Hart groaned. You giggled nervously and looked away with a soft smile.