8

Minji comes out from the washroom and sees Hanni have already finished all 5 types of bread she bought for her. Her jaw drops being amazed by seeing how much this girl likes bread. 

"You finished all of them?" Minji takes the empty box.

"Yess they were so delicious" Hanni smiles.

"I can tell" Minji puts the empty box on Hanni's desk and sits beside Hanni on the bed.

"So….how is your relationship going?" Minji asks from nowhere.

"Relationship?" Hanni frowns.

"Yeah. Wasn’t that senior guy courting you? I thought you guys were already together" Minji says, looking down on the floor.

"What? No no no. We are not. I told him to stop courting me 1 month ago already saying I don't have the same feelings towards him" Hanni quickly explains.

"1 month ago? Why don't I know then?" Minji confusedly looks at Hanni.

"Minji, how would you know if you don't look around you? You are always focused on your novels and when you aren’t, you study. But never take a look around you. I barely manage to take your focus on me and try to have a conversation. But that also becomes weird because it's just me who talks all the time and you only nod and hum sometimes. You don’t even say or ask anything. That's why I was surprised to see that you noticed I love bread" Hanni gently holds Minji's hand.

"Is that so?...." Minji says calmly and looks down again.

"Listen, Minjibear" Hanni cups Minji's face and makes Minji look at her.

"I am not saying that I hate it. I know it's just how you are. But sometimes try to not get distracted and focus around your surroundings too. And also try to open up slowly. Don't think that it doesn’t matter please. Everything about you matters a lot. I don't know about others but it does matter to me,Minji. You matter a lot to me" Hanni says, cupping Minji's face.

Minji looks at Hanni's eyes and can see the adoration this girl has for her. Hanni's eyes are lovingly looking at Minji's, which is making Minji feel safe after a very long time. Minji slowly holds one of Hanni's hand which is cupping her face and softens her gaze. Did she finally find a safe place for herself? 

"I probably can't express how I feel properly. But Hanni, I hope you know you are my first priority. Exactly why having you with me is enough and I don't seek for anyone else. I only feel comfortable around you. I want to be with you only" Minji caresses Hanni's hand lightly.

Hanni's eyes widened a bit, being surprised. What happened to Minji today? She is being so bold and straightforward. This is very unusual. But Hanni can feel her cheeks getting warm slowly hearing Minji's words. 

"The fuck why am I feeling like this. Hell no it can't be she is my best friend" Hanni starts cursing herself in her mind.

Since Hanni doesn’t know what to reply to Minji because she is feeling something weird and she has no idea why, she just shifts her hands from Minji's face to Minji's shoulder and pulls her close until their forehead touches. Then she just hugs Minji's neck and closes her eyes.

On the other hand Minji is feeling the same. She is shocked by her actions today. How come she became so bold suddenly? Was it because she was scared to get pushed by Hanni? But she thought she wouldn’t be scared to lose anyone again. Why did she need to have a special person again? It feels so heavenly but also she is scared. She is scared to lose Hanni. She doesn’t want to face the same fate again. Probably being scared to lose Hanni, she tightly hugs Hanni's waist pulling her even closer, not wanting to let her go.

"Hanni, don't push me away please" Minji mumbles, tightening her grip on Hanni's waist while her eyes are closed. 

Hanni felt something in her chest. The thing Minji said now felt so deep. It's almost like Minji is begging to not to leave her. She can feel Minji's expression even though her eyes are closed. This person really had to tie her down with herself. There is no way she can even be mad at Minji seriously after this. How can she do that when this person right here is this much of a softball?  

"I can never do that" Hanni replies softly and rubs her forehead with Minji's lightly.

After a while they both pulled off their foreheads and looked at each other smiling widely. Hanni really loves watching Minji smile. Because it happens rarely. Minji mostly puts on an expressionless face which makes people think she doesn’t feel anything.

"Your smile is so pretty" Hanni states, her arms are still hugging Minji's neck.

Minji can feel her face getting warm again. Ugh why this feeling cameback once again. Now she gotta find something again to get away from this situation. It feels more like a situationship than a friendship right now.

"Umm ahh, I guess we should sleep. I am feeling so tired now" Minji says.

"Oh yeah, it's true. You had a very long day. Let's just sleep" Hanni let Minji get away from her hug.

"Hanni, if I someday leave. What are you gonna do?"

"Leave? Why are you leaving me? Are you fucking leaving me for another bitch?"

"Wait no no I didn’t mean like that"

"Then?"

"I meant you know if I die or something"

"No you won't"

"I am talking about what if"

"Doesn’t matter"

"But what if I disappear?"

"I will find you again"

"How?"

"Somehow. I love you so I will be able to find you again"

"What if you fall for someone else seeing you are not finding me anymore"

"I will not freaking fall for anyone else which isn’t you"

"And if someone falls for you?"

"I don't give a fuck to that"

"But what if they genuinely love you and treat you better?" 

"I don't want that. I only want your love and care. Not somebody else's"

Hanni wakes up suddenly. She couldn’t see around her properly in the dim light of her room. It takes her a few moments to adjust her eyes with the faint light of her room. She looks beside herself and sees Minji sleeping and snoring lightly.

"She still has a cold. Told her hundreds of times to be careful" Hanni tells herself in her mind.

She gets up slowly and holds her head. Her head is hurting again.

"Everytime I dream about those weird things, my head hurts so much. God knows what's the reason" Hanni mumbles.

Those dreams don't even mean anything. She doesn’t know whom she is talking with in her dreams. Which is even creeper. She takes meds from the drawer of her bedside table and swallows them.

"I hope the headache will be gone" she says, wiping away her mouth.

Hanni lays down again and turns around to Minji's side to have a look at Minji. Minji looks so pretty even when she is sleeping. Those puppy eyes are so cute. And the bridge of her pointy nose getting all the attention. 

"Minjibear you are so adorable" Hanni mumbles and caresses Minji's face while smiling before closing her eyes to fall asleep again.