24

2019

Hanni bids goodbye to her friends and starts walking to her apartment. When she almost reaches her road, she notices a girl is kneeling down and searching for something. Hanni gets curious and decides to approach her so she walks to the girl instead.

"Excuse me" Hanni calls her.

The girl raises her head to look at Hanni. Hanni notices that the girl isn’t fully korean probably. Also her uniform is the same as Hanni's uniform. She can tell the girl is probably her junior.

"Yes?" the other girl curiously looks at her which Hanni finds cute.

"Are you looking for something?" Hanni asks.

"Oh yeah. My ring fell somewhere near. But I can't find it now" she scratches her head.

"What color is it?" Hanni asks and kneels down to help the girl.

"Red. Kinda deep red" She replies.

Hanni looks around, swiping the dry leaf and dirt but can't find it. She thinks hard about where it can possibly fall and go. Then her gaze moves to the big tree on the corner of where her road started. She walks towards the tree and kneels down again. Soon after she finds a small deep red ring which has some dirt on it probably because of falling here.

"Is it this?" Hanni shows the ring.

"Oh my god yes yes this song" The girl jumps out and takes the ring from Hanni's hand.

"Thank you so much for helping me. This ring means so much to me. My grandma gave me this on my birthday" she holds Hanni's hand and shakes it lightly, showing her thankfulness.

"I am glad. Be careful next time" Hanni replies with a smile.

"Thank you once again. By the way, I am Danielle Marsh. Nice to meet you" she says, extending her right arm for a hand shake.

"I am Pham Hanni, you can just call me Hanni or Han" Hanni takes Danielle's hand for the hand shake.

"I will just call you Han then. It's cute" Danielle says.

"Then I will call you Dani. That's short and cute" Hanni replies.

"You can. Because that's what my close friends and relatives call me" Dani lets out a small laugh.

"Does that mean I am already close to you?" Hanni raises her brows in a sarcastic way.

"Well you helped me find something which is precious to me. So we can be friends now and might get close soon" Dani wheezes.

"Sure we can be friends. Plus we are in the same school. You are probably my junior" Hanni laughs.

"Oh yeah you are my senior. So should I treat you as an older sister?" Dani wiggles her brows.

"Hell no. It will make me feel like I am old. Just treat me like your friend. I already have a friend who is around your age" Hanni replies.

"As you say Han" Dani gives a sweet smile to Hanni which makes Hanni melt down somehow. She has never seen such a pretty smile before. It's making her have weird feelings.

Probably that's what made Hanni to be more interested in Dani. She would start meeting her randomly in school and during fests. Dani is too friendly for what it made Hanni become much more comfortable being around her. And soon she found out that she and Dani were clinging onto each other. Despite Dani being a year younger than her, Hanni always felt like they are the same age.