22

My name is Kang Haerin. When I was 14 years old my family moved from Pyeongchon to Seoul. I left my old school,friends and everyone behind there. I just moved here with my parents. I am quite introverted. And I normally don't like any kind of changes in my life. So it was hard for me to blend myself with this new city,environment,people and everything.

I enrolled into a new school. It had both middle and high school students. I was admitted into middle school. Since I didn’t know anyone I stayed alone most of the time. I wasn’t that much of a good student before. But this loneliness made me focus on studies more and get good grades.

My classmate tried to talk to me sometimes. Probably wanted to befriend me. But I mostly avoided them. I wasn’t interested enough. Since I started getting good grades the smart students tried to add me in their group. But I just didn’t like them for some reason. It's really hard for me to get easy with new people.

One day after the dismissal I was walking beside the baseball court. I was kinda thinking about something else so I wasn't really aware of what was happening around me. After a while I got hit by a baseball right on my nose. It made me fall right on the ground. I held my nose with my hand and felt something liquid. So I looked at my hand and realized it was blood. My nose was bleeding.

"Oh my god. I am so sorry" A girl came to me and apologized.

I could tell by the uniform that it's a senior. So I didn’t really mind. Even though I was mad but obviously I couldn’t do or say anything to a senior.

"It's fine" I said while holding my nose.

"You are bleeding oh my god" She started checking my nose.

"You guys stay here, I will take her to the clinic" She told her friends.

"No no it's really fine. I can go by myself" I got up and tried to walk away but she held me by my arm.

"When I said I will take you there, that means I will do it. Don't stop me" She glared at me.

I had to listen to her because she is a senior. Put pulled out a handkerchief and made me sit in a place first. Then carefully wiped away my blood before taking me to a clinic. She didn’t stop there. She also made sure that I reached home safely.  

"Can I know your name?" She asked after we reached my house.

"Kang Haerin" I replied.

"You have a pretty name. Also you are so cute. Your cat-like eyes are very attractive too" She said while smiling.

Okay now that's something new I heard. Not a lot of people complimented me this sweetly before. Somehow it warmed my heart.

"Bye bye Haerin. See you later" She waved at me and started walking away.

"Hey" I called her out which made her turn around.

"Can..can I know your name too?" I asked hesitantly.

"Obviously. It's Pham Hanni. You can call me Hanni" She gave me a big smile before walking away.

"Pham Hanni" I mumbled and smiled not knowing why.

And it all started after that day. Normally I would stay alone at school. But Hanni would always find me and keep me with her. At first I was very shy and uncomfortable. Because as I said I am not comfortable enough being with new people. But soon enough she made me comfortable around her. We became close day by day for the next 1 year. I got to know how she lives here alone because her parents live in Australia. And she moved here for studies. Dunno why would she move from Australia to South Korea for studies. She said she also doesn’t know it. She just loves being in this country. I visited her place a lot too. She organized the apartment so nicely. She loves her environment pretty, just like her.