{𝟏} *ੈ✩‧₊˚ 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬

THERE WERE STARS in Scarlett's eyes as the Tisdall family pulled up outside the infamous Abby Lee Dance Company in Santa Monica, LA

"You excited?" Jonathan Tisdall asked smiling at his daughters, Keira hopping out of the car excitedly as Scarlett returned the smile.

"Do I look okay dad?" The older Tisdall sister inquired, fixing her bun wrap for the hundredth time that morning. "I want to leave a good first impression." She was the more nervous of the sisters, as the carefree Keira was already babbling away to her aunt Josephine about what to have for lunch.

Jonathan crouched down and hugged Scarlett. "Don't worry, princess. You look absolutely beautiful. Don't stress yourself out and just enjoy dancing okay? If you need anything just let Josephine know or call me."

Scarlett's frown was replaced by a small smile. "Okay dad, love you."

As Jonathan waved goodbye and watched his sister and daughters enter the studio, he could only wish the other dance moms wouldn't give them a hard time on their first day.

But of course, these are dance moms we're talking about.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

"Hi, sweethearts!" Abby was at the reception, grinning and giving the sisters a warm welcome as they entered. Keira returned a 'hi' with matching enthusiasm and beamed up at the dance instructor, unaware that this was a "big thing". Scarlett on the other hand was just slightly in shock that she was meeting the Abby Lee Miller, and awkwardly waved back.

"Girls, go stretch in the dancer's den right there. We will give you a signal to enter when we're ready," Abby ordered as the sisters nodded eagerly. Josephine left to sit in the mom's area, but not before giving her nieces the biggest hug.

The dancer's den was empty and Scarlett assumed it was because they were early, which they were. She had been up at 4 in the morning very excited to come. The sisters started their stretch routine and as they were in the middle of it, a blonde girl who looked around their age walked in. Scarlett didn't recall seeing her in previous Dance Moms episodes. She smiled politely at the girl and introduced herself, "Hi, I'm Scarlett and this is Keira," Scarlett motioned to her little sister stretching next to her, "Are you new?"

"Yeah, I'm Lilly. Are you excited?"

"I can't wait!" Keira chirped, a wide grin forming on her face. "It's gonna be so much fun."

There were more exchanges as Scarlett gathered information about their new friend. Lilly was seven and came from North Carolina. She has been dancing since she was 2 and her favourite style of dance to perform is ballet. Scarlett thought she was nice and Keira seemed to like her as well.

The noise outside distracted the girls as they quickly recognised the voices of the junior elites. Keira perked up as she heard Kalani talking. She was her dance idol and little Keira would run up to her at dance conventions to take pictures she was always so nice.