{𝟐} *ੈ✩‧₊˚ 𝐌𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐲 𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐭𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧

"Alright, it's time for the pyramid."

Scarlett stood nervously in Studio A. She was not a fan of pyramid, it always made kids cry.

"At the bottom of the pyramid I have Alexus—" 

"May I ask why?" Tiffanie spoke up. Josephine inhaled sharply, that woman was insufferable. Last week she made a fool of herself complaining to Abby about the minis having a separate dressing room from the elites, which was stupid in her opinion.

"Why don't you look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself why," Abby deadpanned.

"Next, Peyton. In the choreography, there's mistakes that you're making and until you step up to the plate you're always gonna be down here somewhere."

Peyton nodded in understanding. 

"Next we have Nia. Nia, obviously you were sick. You were great in the group. You didn't do the duet." 

"Then we have Jojo." Jojo looks at Jess, who doesn't look very happy. "And Brynn. I didn't see emotion. I didn't see when your hands went up they were matched." 

"Next we have Keira. I thought you did a great job keeping up with the older girls, but I don't want you to just keep up. I want to see you start positively pulling my eyes."

Keira nodded smiling, ecstatic Abby acknowledged the effort she dedicated to being in sync with the older kids. She was on the bottom this week, but she would work towards the top.

"Okay moving up the pyramid I have Lilliana, Areana and Elliana— the Anas. And then we have Scarlett."

Scarlett beamed, that was quite high up on the pyramid. Her spirit was soon dampened when Jess spoke up, "I'm not gonna be below the minis on the pyramid. This is stupid. They shook their ass in a bathing suit and they're higher there's no way." She walked up to the pyramid and removed Jojo's headshot. Keira looked towards the floor. That was unexpected. And upsetting. Scarlett put her arm around her shoulder and gave her a comforting hug.

Josephine frowned. She understood Jess' point of view but didn't appreciate the way she talked about her nieces' dance, especially since it was making Keira upset.

"You are not gonna ruin her," Jess continued, "I have watched you sabotage another dancer for years," she motioned to Nia, "And you're not gonna do it to Jojo."

For once, Ashlee was agreeing with Jess, which Josephine assumed was the peace between them that continued since their daughter did a duet last week. "These girls did two numbers that are full of choreography. They learned how to do Prince, they learned how to mirror each other. Those kids did a mini dance. I'm sorry but it's true!"

If you were sorry then shut up, thought Josephine, but she wasn't going to argue with these women today.

"Last week I hobbled out here just after a knee surgery," Abby explained, "And Jess comes in like 'Why are you in here?' It's demeaning."