Chapter 2

It was still raining when Chizuru had woken up, not as hard as last night. She got up and rolled her futon to head down to the kitchen. "They were up really late, I'll have some time to make a big breakfast" she chirped happily preparing every ingridient necessary.

Chizuru jumped when she heard a loud thunder roar,"Whoa, the gods seem angry". She turned to see Sanousuke standing with a bedhead in the kitchen doorway,"Good morning Harada-san. Yes it appears so, I wonder for what reason".

Sano went next to her and started cutting up vegetables as well,"The others are well out of it. Still snoring like geese". Chizuru giggled, she could hear each of them snore from their rooms. It was quite impressive how Hijikata managed to keep his patience very very high last night. She worried the veins on his temples would pop.

Sano and Chizuru cooked breakfast after a short while and took them to each warrior, knowing they were very much still in their rooms. They didn't even bother waking them up, just left the tray of food infront of the sliding door after knocking. Chizuru went to Saito's room last, before she could lay the tray down, Saito stepped out. "Goood morning Saito-san, I've brought you breakfast" Chizuru bowed.

"Thank you Yukimura, but I will skip breakfast" he answered, Saito started to walk towards the yard. Chizuru knew he was going to out to train, and instantly put her foot down, "But Saito-san it's still raining hard, you'll get sick".

Saito turned around with a stern face. Chizuru might not understand his same facial expression but she could feel as if he wanted to roll his eyes. "Yukimura, getting sick is not of importance for me. If your sword is to become a part of your body, than it need to be used in all sorts of weather" he firmly responded leaving Chizuru without words. She bowed her head in apology and embarrassment,"I-I'm sorry Saito-san, but please tell me if you don't feel well". She raised her head, both of them stayed silent for a moment not knowing what to say. Sano came and noticed the awkward staring,"Hey Hajime-kun, what are you up to?".

"I was going to practice swordsmanship in the yard"

Chizuru turned to Sanousuke as if she was going to protest,"But it's still raining, he could get sick". Sano chuckled and patted her head lightly,"It's so like you to act like a worried mother".

"I-I-I'm not!" Chizuru blushed covering her face. Saito let out a deep sigh,"If you are worried would you like to accompany me so you can make sure I won't get ill?". She can agree to that but still did not like the idea that Saito will practice under bad weather, much lessif he hasn't had breakfast,"Hai". Sano left both of them to check on Souji.

Sano opened the door to Souji's room, like Heisuke, he lay with his body sprawled out on the futon. At least he manages to keep his pjs on. Sano leaves the tray next to Souji's face to wake him up with the delicious smell.

As predicted, Souji's nose wiggled when he sniffed and smiled as he stretched,"Good Morning Chizuru-chan". He blinked a couple of times to realize the figure staring at him wasn't her,"Eh?".

Sano(smirks)-"Sorry to disappoint you"

Souji-"No kidding. Where's Chizuru? Is she sick?

Sano-"Uh no, she's with Hajime outside"

Souji(takes bite)-"Why?"

Sano-"She worries he'll get sick in the rain"

Souji(coughs)-"Does she? Oh ok, I'm here being all delicate and she doesn't take notice"

Sano sighed and decided to leave him alone to 'sulk'.

Chizuru sat on the floorboard watching Saito swing his sword. It amazed her to see how Saito never pulled focus for one second. His movements were graceful yet strong, almost as if cutting down his enemy into perfect pieces. What amazed her more was that Saito didn't sneeze or cough at all, she figured he would already be sick the moment he stepped out into the rain. The man stood under the cold rain until the afternoon, good thing it was calmer. The others who passed by looking for Chizuru assured her that Saito was always like this, but that doesn't convince her."Umm, Saito-san?" Chizuru squeaked not wanting to interrupt him. Saito did not even glance at her, he kept staring at his invisible enemy,"Yes, Yukimura?".

"W-well, we've been out here for quite a while now. A-and I know that you always practice swordsmanship b-but.." Chizuru stammered.

"What is it you are asking?"

"Well I haven't eaten at all and neither have you...I thought you could take a break until dinner" she finished, waiting for an answer but none came.

Saito had turned his head the other direction, glaring to the distance, where the headquarters entrance was. His bland expression turned into a frown, he placed his sword back in its case. Saito walked towards Chizuru and grabbed her wrist,"Yukimura, go to your room and do not come out until you are told do so".

Chizuru was taken aback by his sudden command, she couldn't find the reason to go lock herself in. Besides, she had hungry men to cook for. "Why? What's wrong Saito-san?" she asked getting up.

"I will explain later, please, just go"

He turned and walked towards the meeting room as Chizuru scrambled to her feet to walk to her room still confused on what was happening.

She arrived and closed the window, the shoji door, and sat on the floor waiting for Saito to go and explain the situation.

Chizuru couldn't help but feel anxious or nervous about something, it was begining to drive her insane. She wished to see the others and make sure if they were ok, but Saito's hard voice made it clear that she shouldn't leave. "Breathe in. Breathe out" she tolde herself.

*Meanwhile in the other room*

"What do you mean Saito?" Harada grunted, Saito called everyone at once to inform them of the circumstances. "It is most likely we will be ambushed" he calmly said. Everyone stood quiet, raising their eyebrows. Heisuke spoke up,"Wait, Kondou said we were done fighting. Who else will ambush us?"

"That I am not sure but I felt as if we are being watched by many. I had the feeling when I was in the yard with Yukimura"

"Where is Chizuru, Hajime? Is she still out there?" Harada asked worriedly while beginning to get up

"I sent her to her room and specifically instructed her not to leave until told so"

Harada nodded in understanding sitting back on his spot, Chizuru would not want to be in her room if trouble came, even if they begged her. She was that stubborn.

Leaving that aside, they began to plan their defense system incase an ambush was to happen. Each division was to have their own waiting spot to attack from various angles of the headquarters while the captains take down the leaders of the attackers. They were confident the enemy was not going to be able to pass through the divisions. They also assumed they wouldn't need a backup plan for Chizuru, since they most defenitely would not get near her room.

"It's settled then, we will be prepared if anything happens" Kondou stated.

*Chizuru's Room*

Night time came already, the same eerie silence there was yesterday came for another visit. Chizuru still had no idea what was going on. There wasn't any second of the time when she didn't think of leaving her room. She slumped on her futon, waiting for the time to tick by already, it was so boring just doing nothing.

Chizuru walked around her room, stretched, jump, and everything she could do in the small space. When she laid down on her futon to sleep, giving up, the shoji slid open. Heisuke came in hurridely,"Nee, Chizuru you ok?". She quickly straightened her posture,"I am, kinda bored, but I'm fine Heisuke-kun", she replied with a smile. He exhaled in relief and took a seat next her, trying to act as if nothing was wrong.

Of course, Chizuru knew him too well though not to know there was something bothering him,"Is everything fine Heisuke?". He turned and gave her a small smile, reassuring her that it is all ok. He shouldn't have to worry her if they don't know if they would be ambushed.

Heisuke stood up to leave, he'll start worrying her more than she needs to, "Don't worry 'bout it. I came to see how you're doing after Hajime locked you up. 'Night, Chizuru", he smiled wide at her and closed the shoji. Chizuru thought it was best to go to sleep already, no one was going to tell her what was going on anyway. She changed and settled in the futon, it was warm and comfortable. Chizuru hoped it will shake the weird feeling in her tummy. (No need to worry, they say it's fine right?) she thought before going to sleep.