Chapter 13

Osamu made his way to the courtyard where he and Kazama have talked. He felt like taking out his anger at his 'best friend'. What made him angrier was because he didn't understand why he got angry or jealous in the first place with Chizuru.

He kicked a rock into the small pond that was starting to freeze. It was getting colder everyday, no doubt a snowfall will happen soon this month. Osamu loved snow, he liked the way his fur looked when snowflakes fell on it. It looked more white against his black fur.

He enjoyed it more while hunting, watching the prey's blood drop on the snow made it so vibrant. How after sinking into the cold, the liquid turned almost black with a tint of red.

Something like that is disgusting to find satisfaction in but that is how he viewed his winter. He often wondered how Chizuru would look if there was blood dripping from her body onto the snow. Her pale and delicate neck pierced by the fangs that murdered her family.

Osamu shaked his head verociously, making those ugly and violent thoughts go away. "What the fuck is wrong with me?" he asked himself out loud.

"You yourself know that answer, Takeshi. You should also know that when I say sleep outside, you stay outside like a good dog" Kazama's voice was heard behind, he had no other way to show himself. Osamu ignored him and kept on kicking the pebbles in the pond, "Do you remember how the Yukimura clan was wiped off?" he asked suddenly.

That was out of nowhere, Kazama went to have a seat on an old bench under the tree,"The clan had burned in a hellish fire" he answered. (You creatures should be used to those fires no?) his inner wolf growled, Osamu sighed. There was no way he can tell Kazama about the situation he is in, this man has other problems himself. Like repaying debts to a certain clan.

Kazama had taken out his pipe for a smoke, assuming this would take quite a while, he had nothing else to do but stay and loiter around. "Do you know anything about the clan leader's death?" he asked next more demandingly, Kazama glanced his ruby eyes at him and let out a huge cloud of smoke. He smirked wondering why the sudden interest in Chizuru's clan. "They were victims of the fire I believe, there were no remains found", he sipped on his pipe and kept the smoke in his mouth before letting it out.

Osamu stood there watching how his old friend smoked, he was feeding poison to the trees infront of him. The smell of smoke also made him twitch, it reminded him of that night he murdered Chizuru's parents. How the thick clouds of smoke clogged his nostrils.

Speaking of Chizuru, he kinda hoped she would come after him like last time. But she might've felt awkward if her betrothed was here too, he wondered if she even rememberd him. Kazama sure shows his possessivness openly for her but from the supposed bride's side nothing has been said. So far, Chizuru absolutely does not remember him at all.

Kazama chuckled lowly, his deep voice will make you shiver from the bone, "You are having some sort of conflict, aren't you Takeshi?". Osamu stepped back making fists, the Oni was right. Not being able to tell Kazama his greatest sin was hard, what was worse is that Osamu might want Chizuru all to himself. He would've thought she would be a depressed girl but instead she is the total opposite of what it was. He would admit when he had his nightmare, being snuggled in Chizuru's arms was as comforting, or even more, than the bed of animal hides in his cave.

"I can see it in your soulless dark eyes, don't tell me I'm wrong"

"You're right. I might as well say it now. Chizuru's parents weren't burned to death...they were murdered" Osamu began saying after taking a few deep breaths.

"Is that so? Who is it that murdered them?"

"I murdered them. While I was on an uncontrollable rampage, I saw them with Chizuru and her twin. I couldn't control my hunger and... killed them" he finished saying, the only part that he left out was he did it infront of the twins.