Chapter 18

"Hurry up" Souji shoved Heisuke towards the water. He made a fist and yelled ,"Oi don't push me Souji!". Souji smirked and waved his hand so the young man can jump into the stream. Chizuru was crouched between the blades of grass, knowing Heisuke will manage to drown in 2 feet of water.

"I feel bad for leaving Osamu-san behind" she sighed. Souji grunted and ruffled her hair,"Don't stress on it Chizuru, he was asleep. Besides you promised to spend more time with me". In no time or place has she promised that, but she did feel bad for sneaking out without saying anything...even though she was kinda mad about the kiss.

"Aaahh!!!" Heisuke yelled as he attacked the ducks one by one, each biting him from top to bottom. Feathers were flying all over the place, Heisuke grabbed a duck but it snapped its bill on his nose. He threw the duck at Souji, almost hitting Chizuru.

The duck was making a big fuss, Chizuru had to coo it for it to calm down. Souji rolled his eyes when he saw Heisuke trying to pry off a duck from his cheek. He stepped into the water being forced to get his sock wet. But Chizuru quickly grabbed his wrist,"Okita-san you can't" she began.

Souji turned and raised his eyebrow,"Don't worry Chizuru-chan, I'll be back so don't miss me so much". He waved his hand, he knew she would start nagging him that he would get a cold and his condition could get worse, same old same old.

She still didn't let go of his hand, to test her patience he set one foot in the water,"Look Chizuru-chan, I got in already. I guess you'll have to let me go". She had those determined eyes that under no circumstance she will let him get wet, Chizuru tugged on his hand. Souji sighed, knowing there was no getting through to her,"Chizuru...will you let go of me so I can kick Heisuke's ass at catching fat birds?" he stated smirking at her. She nodded no, Souji noticed she was also clutching the brown duck Heisuke threw at them. This was giving him a great idea, he put another foot in the water. Chizuru let go of the duck and went to grab his other hand. In a matter of seconds, he crouched and encircled his arm around Chizuru's waist to hoist her up on his shoulder.

"Okita-san!!! What are you doing!!?" Chizuru cried, trying to get a grip on his shoulder and back. "Hahahah! Look Chizuru-chan, now we're both in the water!" he teased spinning around making splashes, and scaring duck towards Heisuke's direction. When he saw Souji having taken 'advantage' of Chizuru he ran to him and shoved him,"You pervert!!!".

Souji fell with a loud oof and fell in the water, so she wouldn't fall hard, Souji placed Chizuru over his chest. After the incident, she processed where she was and who she was on. Chizuru looked up to see a grinning Souji, he was nearly soaked. His brown hair managed to get fully wet and undo his topknot, he winked at Chizuru, making her blush. She hadn't noticed her hair was also wet but not as much, her ponytail got loose giving her a bedhead kind of look.

"A-ano, eto...O-Okita-san, I ..." her face turned redder tham it was before. Her body was pressed against his chest, feeling his rises from breathing. Chizuru's heart was pounding from either nervousnouss or excitement, she can't even look at Souji.

She started to slide off but Souji wrapped and arm over her back and held her face,"Don't be embarrassed Chizuru-chan, I don't mind being like this" he smirked. But for her this is a life threatening situation, it's still winter and they are both in the water, his condition will kill him in a matter of days. "But but, Okita-san..", he removed a loose strand from her forhead and placed it behind her ear,"Just enjoy the moment, I still feel like punishing you for not telling me the whole story mmm?" he said in a low voice.

Chizuru's P.O.V.

We were both wet, the water was supposed to be cold but I could feel my body warm up being on him. Okita-san was smiling at me, it's the first time I have been this close to him. My heart is pounding so fast that I'm afraid he could feel it. I was still a little mad that he kissed me without giving it any meaning, but I will admit I wanted to be 'punished' again. But even if I wanted him to, for me it somehow feels like being unfair to Osamu-san.