Chapter 15

Chizuru stayed in bed till the afternoon, mainly because she was told to or else she will get a heavy scolding...by everyone.

Her morning felt like a volcano was about to erupt. Heisuke had prepared her breakfast, when he went into Chizuru's room, he found Souji's head on her stomach with his arm draping over her. Kyoto heard his screams for about 5 minutes, Heisuke even threw the tray at Souji when he woke up.

Shinpachi and Sano had even tied Heisuke down to calm him, Souji kept taunting him even so. Saito offered to make her another breakfast, since the first wasn't edible anymore. They eventually agreed to bring her some food from town because they're afraid to poison her somehow.

Souji had left to do other things along with the captains. He did put up quite the fight when Heisuke went back to drag him to patrols. Poor Chizuru almost had a new set of bruises when Souji latched on to her waist like a koala bear.

Heisuke (pulling Souji's leg)-"Let go of her you moron! Stop acting like a child!"

Souji (sticks out tongue)-"No, I want to stay with Chizuru-chan and cuddle"

Heisuke (pulls harder) -"You most certaintly will not! You are so inappropiate you should get evicted!"

Souji (hugs her waist tighter) -"You should shut up. Yelling will give you hair in your throat"

As Heisuke kept pulling on his leg, Souji was slowly dragging Chizuru with him.

Heisuke-"Let go! We have patrols to do!"

Souji-"Nah"

Heisuke-"Don't you NAH me!"

Souji-"Nah"

Heisuke-"Souji you're pulling Chizuru out the door damn it!"

He let go of the leg and grabbed his top knot and pulled it. It was enough to convince Souji to move.

Although she was a little embarrassed to say, but she felt kinda lonely without Souji's company. Hijikata would've kept her company but Kondou-san needed him for something else.

She looked at her arms filled with the scabbing scratches Osamu had left her. He must be feeling scared and empty, having to deal with all those problems all by himself.

Chizuru noticed something too, she couldn't hear his voice anymore. The deep, sad and seductive voice he carried, it made her heart break not being able to hear him talk. (Why do I feel this? I feel so sad thinking about it) she thought, her hands were over her chest. "Osamu-san" the words slipped out of her mouth, her eyes widened when she said his name out loud. But upon saying them it felt so right.

Chizuru actually missed him, it was fun trying to teach him how to do chores...even if he got annoyed. Despite that, she felt an eternal separation from him, she felt drastically forgotten. The way he will get frustrated because he couldn't do something right was cute. He would just sulk on a wooden box and have a pout on his face until Chizuru convinced him to try again.

There was a knock on the door, suprisingly, it was Saito. Chizuru let him in, he took a seat next to her and just sat there with his lids closed.

Something must be wrong, Saito rarely comes to talk to her on his own. Besides that, she felt a sense of anger coming from him. It looked like he wanted Chizuru to start talking,"Eto...Saito-san? Is there something on your mind?" she asked.

Saito nodded, before answering her he took an eyeful of her injuries. Her trampled arms, and her gnawed face, his mouth twitched in disgust for the first time. "I want you to tell me what in the world happened to you, Yukimura" he said nonchalantly after composing his figure. Chizuru furrowed her brows worridly, if there was someone who she can't absolutely lie to it was Saito. His cold violet eyes can break anyone without him having to blink once.