Chapter 8

(Trent's POV)

I went see Gwen. It was a week and a half to her wedding, so I had to encourage her and follow the plan.

"Hey Trent!" She said opening the door before I even got there.

"Hello. How's my favourite bride-to-be?" I asked with a smirk plastered across my face. I earnt a chuckle from her.

"Great. How's my favourite already-a-famous-ish-musician?" She said moving out the way so I could go through. I shrugged.

Let's get started with the new phase one.

"I just wanted some advice." I said as she handed me a coffee.

"Okay... what kind?"

"Girl advice." I said rather bluntly. Gwen dropped her cup.

"Sorry. Err... my hand slipped. Yeah that." She said trying to sound casual.

Woooo she is kinda jealous. Score!

"I'll help." I said going to the kitchen to find a broom. I came back and swept the floor back into cleansiness.

(Gwen's POV)

I freaking dropped my cup on the floor. Way to make it obvious that it bothers you, Gwen.

"You do realise that I am the least girl like creature on earth, right?" I asked so that he'll go away to ask someone else.

"Yeah, but she's really cool, and so are you. Guess it's a sign you were made to help me." He said with a smile stretched across his face.

"Oh, please. She can't even get on my level." I said with a cocky grin.

Trent mumbled something under his breath.

"Whatever. So, how do you know if a girl likes you?" He said. I tensed up.

"Well, if a girl likes you, I guess she gives all her attention to you but still tries to be discrete." My heart was beating five times faster than usual.

"How do I ask her to be my girl friend?" He asked. His green eyes looked dead serious as they stared into mine.

"You tell her how you truly feel about her, in any type of way. But you have to do it face to face. Like seriously, don't even think about texting. It makes you come off as a coward and you don't want that." I said.

He nodded at me as in saying to continue.

"Then you ask her. And if she likes you, she'll say yes. Then life happens." I said trying to end this conversation quickly.

"Okay. Can I practice with you?" My heart literally skipped a beat.

"Sure." I replied.

We stood up face to face.

"I just wanted to say that, I like you. I like the way you always find a way to cheer me up when I'm sad. I like how you are always one of the first people to be there for me." He kept saying things.

My mind zoned out as I stared into his eyes. It felt like he was actually meaning everything he said and it was directed to me.

"And I I was wondering if you would like to be my girlfriend?"

"Err, yeah?" I tried to act all nonchalant.

"Thanks Gwen. I think I'm ready." He said with an excited smile.

"That's what friends are for." I answered smiling back.

We sat on the couch and began watching TV. I stared at him, carefully inspected his features.

I can't be falling for him now!

He caught me looking at him, then stared back. We just looked into each others eyes in silence.

Then suddenly, he leaned in and kissed me. My brain and heart probably just exploded and died in happiness. I was kissing Trent. Trent was kissing me. He slowly pulled away and smiled at me.

"Just practicing." He said, then got up and walked out the door.

He just left me there startled, as if I was trying to figure out if that kiss really just happened. I quickly snapped out of it and watched TV to distract myself.

(Duncan's POV)

I waited for the coffee at Starbucks. I've heard from Gwen that Courtney has been all depressed and droopy the the whole week so I thought that someone had to cheer her up. I finally recieved them and I went to Krispy Kreme for some doughnuts.

I drove over to her house and knocked on the door. A beautiful Courtney just wearing and oversized shirt opened the door.

"What are you-"

"I got you a vanilla macchiato." I said cutting her off. She glared at me suspiciously.

"And doughnuts." I finished with a wide innocent grin. She eyed me carefully, then let me in.

"So, what do you want?" She asked me while she took a bite from the sugar coated doughnuts.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked confused.

"Well, you're not exactly a nice person, so why are you doing this?" She asked with no facial expression whatsoever.

"Am I not allowed to attempt cheering my friends up? Gwen told me that you've been really droopy recently. So here I am, buying you food and I get interrogated. Just calm down and enjoy life." I argued annoyed.

I think I got a little bit too defensive, because she looked at me startled.

"Sorry Court, I just don't like getting asked questions." I admitted.

"It's okay, I'm just really grumpy and feel like everything people do is just so that they can get something from me."

We sat there in silence for a few minutes. The confortable silence we had turned into an awkward one.

"So, how's it going? With the wedding and all." She asked trying to break the silence.

"Ehhh. I've been trying not to think about it." I said.

I made it sound almost like as if wedding was something that was bad. Oh wait it is, I'm getting married to someone I don't love. Great. I hope Trent's doing okay.

"Cool." She said.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I asked.

"Sure. Which one?"

"I don't know. Oh, how about we watch the exorcist?" I suggested.

"Is your goal to slowly scare me to death?" She said, playfully crossing her arms and pretend to act annoyed. She looked cute. Cute?! Duncan, snap out of it!

"Maybe." I said with a devilish smirk. Then movie started playing.

(Trent's POV)

I called up this old friend of mine, Natalie, to pretend to be the girl I like. She said she'll do it as long as I payed her, so I just agreed.

Okay, tomorrow I had to plan a way for her to meet Gwen with me...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hey guys! Sorry for the really bad chapter. I promise the next one will be good, I hope. So here I am trying to write an apology. It's half term over here so I have a week off school Mwahahaha to those of you who don't. Anyways thanks for reading!

Vote

Comment

Share

Ily guys!