Chapter 9

'Sorry.' I say and we look at each other. He puts the glass of water down on the counter and his eyes follow his hand. He takes a step toward me. I feel my body getting warm and my heart rate is going up. His beautiful eyes lock with mine. I hold my breath, while he takes one step closer. 

Jungkook POV: 

I look at her, taking a step back while I step toward her. I look into her eyes, I've never seen such beautiful eyes, it's like I can drown in them. 'I'll take you to your room.' I eventually say. I walk around her, and she follows me. It took me a lot of strength to control myself and not put her on the counter and kiss her hard. I open the door to her room. 'This is your room.' I turn my head and look at her, she looks so surprised. I've only seen her a few times, but it feels like I've known her for my whole life. I wanna know everything about her and after what happened, I want to protect her, I want to keep her safe. Nobody has made me feel this way before, it's something I can't describe. She looks around the room in disbelief. She walks into the room and opens the bathroom door. 'You have a bathroom connected to the bedroom, that's amazing.' She says. 'Yeah, what did you expect?' I chuckle. 'I don't know, I did expect you to have an expensive house and everything, but this is just next level.' I start to laugh. 'Next level?' 'Yeah, you know, it's way better than I expected it to be' she pauses for a second. 'How long did you have to work, to pay for all of this? I'm sorry, that's a rude question.' She quickly says. 'Oh no, that's fine, you can ask me anything. I had to work hard and long to pay for all of this, but it's worth it.' Should I tell her about my past? No, it's too soon and I don't know what will happen if she knows. I kick the thoughts out of my head. 'I'm gonna go to bed, my room is next to yours, if you need anything you can just knock on my door.' 'Okay, thank you so much for this.' 'goodnight' 'Goodnight' I close her door behind me and walk to my room.

I wake up from a knock on the door. Would that be Hyun Joo? I throw the blankets off of me and walk to the door.  I open the door. Hyun Joo is standing in the hallway looking at me a bit confused. I look down and realize that I'm only wearing my pants. She quickly turns around. 'I-I'm sorry, I just couldn't sleep and I was wondering if you were still awake.' She says. 'You know, you don't have to turn around. We've slept together, you've seen it all there's no need to get all shy.' I say while smirking. 'W-what?' She says confused. 'Nevermind, you wanna come inside?' 'No it's okay, I just thought I heard something.' she quickly walks back to her room. I walk after her. She closes the door, but just before the door falls into the lock I hold the door. 'Are you okay?' She turns around and looks at me. 'Yeah, why wouldn't I be?' I look at her concerned. 'You know what, I'll just stay here with you, just till you fall asleep.' I walk into her room and close the door behind me. 'That's okay, you don't have to.' 'I know I don't have to, but I've got the feeling you're scared that you're not safe here, so I'm just gonna make sure you are safe.' She looks at me like I'm crazy and talking nonsense. 'Look you knocked on my door for nothing, after what happened I just want to make sure you are safe.' I walk to her bed and lay down on top of the blanket. 'Okay fine.' She walks up to the bed. I grab the blanket and hold it up for her, she lays down and I place the blanket over her. 

We stayed quiet for a while. 'Can I ask you something?' Hyun Joo asks with a sleepy voice. 'Of course, I told you, you can ask me anything.' 'Why do you care about me? I know we've slept together but you don't have to take care of me. No one takes care of me, I always took care of others.' I'm a little shocked. What does she mean by that? Why is she saying this?  'I didn't just sleep with you, cause I wanted to have sex. Do you wanna know a secret?' She just nods her head. 'I already saw you at the club downstairs. You were having fun with your best friend. You were different from the other girls, you were shining bright. I liked how you laughed with her and how you were having fun. You are nothing like the other girls. It was a bonus that my friend met your friend and we ended up meeting each other.' I look at her. Her eyes are closed. Is she sleeping already?  I look at her beautiful face. She turns over to me, places her hand on my chest, and scoots over a little closer to me. She's holding me like I'm her teddy bear from when she was a kid. Carefully I move my arm and pet her head. After some time I feel my eyes getting heavier. I can't move, because then I'll wake her up. Should I just sleep next to her? Would she get mad if I did? With these thoughts, I fall asleep.

I wake up with the sun shining through the sides of the curtains. Hyun Joo lays next to me, with her arm over me and her head on my chest. She moves a little and opens her eyes slowly. Suddenly she screams and jumps out of the bed. She's wearing shorts and a tank top. Last night I couldn't even see what she was wearing, because it was dark, but damn she looks hot. She quickly grabs the blanket to cover herself up. 'What? Why are you getting all shy? I'm not even wearing a shirt.' 'I-I'm not, just...' She stutters. 'That's not the point, why are you here?' 'I told you I'd make sure to keep you safe, so that's what I did.' 'No, you said you would stay till I fell asleep and then you'd leave.' I stand up from the bed. 'Did I?' I smirk and walk out of her room.