Reaching Out

Story: Even The Strongest, Chapter 1 (THIS CHAPTER IS UNDER CURRENT REPAIRS AND CHANGES SO IF THINGS SEEM OFF, THAT'S WHY)

(This chapter has been rewritten and a lot of stuff removed, but I'm still working on it as well as future chapters to get it closer to the event I remember now after some of my amnesia went away. Some parts that I originally had in this chapter will probably be spread out amongst other chapters because I didn't want to get rid of certain things entirely.)

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball.

Graphic descriptions of some things so be very cautious.

Trigger warnings: for rape, self harm, disordered eating and some other mental health related stuff.

Clarifying that this story is based heavily off my personal experience with Autism and I went through something almost identical to what Goku has in this.

So anything that seems slightly out of character is(drugs and trauma aside) because I'm improvising with that some. Thanks for understanding.

...

All Vegeta knew that day was that something was off when Goku appeared before him in the gravity chamber, looking disheveled, his hair and clothes messier than usual. He was unbalanced, like he was on the verge of falling.

"Kakarot, it's you. So, did you come here to train, or what?" He had found himself asking, pretending not to notice it. He had just finished up a training session of his own in the gravity chamber and was sweating, wiping the sweat off his brow.

"Um... Actually... No... Maybe we could do that some other time... For now, I..." Goku's voice was groggy as he scratched the back of his head. He giggled, swaying a bit, as if he was having trouble keeping his balance. "You mind if I rest here for a while? I'm not really feeling all that well right now."

"Not feeling well?" Vegeta raised an eyebrow, completely thrown off. "Why? Are you sick or something?"

"Yeah, sorta..." Goku stumbled past him towards the wall, as if he were having trouble keeping his balance. "So can I?"

"What, in here? You've got to be joking! Absolutely not. Go and lay down in one of the guest rooms! This area isn't for sleeping in." Vegeta scolded, slight irritation welling up inside of him.

Despite Vegeta's words, Goku ignored him, and did exactly what he told him not to, slumping down on the floor.

"Kakarot, did you even hear me...? I told you-"

"I know... Just give me a bit." Goku replied weakly, but made no attempt to do anything.

Sighing, Vegeta walked over and kneeled down in front of him. "Come on, get back up. "I'm taking you somewhere else."

"Hey-" He started to reach out and place his hands around the man's waist to help lift him, but came to an abrupt halt when Goku suddenly flinched , a sound akin to a small whimper escaping his mouth. The other Saiyan pulled in on himself.

Vegeta's breath hitched, an icy chill running down his spine.

He desperately wanted to believe he had just imagined it, but when he saw that Goku was trembling, recognizing his body language, he knew he hadn't.

"Huh?" Goku's eyes darted around nervously from side to side. While he did meet Vegeta's gaze briefly, it seemed more like he was trying to process his surroundings, process the owner of the hands on his body, and deduce what his intentions were.