Moving Forward (The Trial)

Story: Even The Strongest, Chapter 6

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball.

FML, this took, what, three months to update? I'm so sorry y'all. I wanted to finish the entire trial process for this and rewrote this chapter about THREE TIMES so that's why it took so long, ahhhhh.

As always, I find myself perpetually UNHAPPY with how it turned out, and hate it horribly, but will post anyways despite how apprehensive I feel.

Honestly, I dunno if I'll update again after this. Maybe if people want it enough, but this has been so difficult and time consuming for me to write(this was probably the hardest chapter I've ever written for any story, because I'm not a prosecutor, I'm not a defense attorney, I'm not a person in the justice system and I'm sure as fuck not a doctor. I was merely trying to reenact everything to the best of my ability and alter things for Goku's story and I'll tell you it wasn't easy at all, so I apologize sincerely for any inaccuracies.

Also, Whis and Beerus are so hard for me to write for some reason, exploring a softer side to them as I did in this story. In general, I had a shit ton of trouble with this chapter, I just want to scream and cry and throw things right now because it sounds bad to me.

BTW fun fact: Japanese Vegeta can sing well, so that's one of my headcanons for this story, that he usually just chooses not to. :)

watch?v=qY7CcxQLUBM or search up Vegeta's cooking hell and go to 2:04 in. He has such a pretty voice. :')

This chapter I wanted to end on a super good note, which it sorta does but I also wanted to tackle some issues I thought of, so it's not completely perfect. Especially with the justice system for male victims of sexual assault and rape not being as good as it should in my opinion.

I should say that the court in the db universe for this fic is a mix of western jury and Japanese Penal Code. Most of it is stuff though that I'm basing this more off my personal experience and already had enough trouble writing this as is.

Penal Code on Sexual Crimes

Article 176. (Forcible Indecency)

A person who, through assault or intimidation, forcibly commits an indecent act upon a male or female of not less than thirteen years of age shall be punished by imprisonment with work for not less than 6 months but not more than 10 years. The same shall apply to a person who commits an indecent act upon a male or female under thirteen years of age.

Article 177 (Rape)

A person who, through assault or intimidation, forcibly commits sexual intercourse with a female of not less than thirteen years of age commits the crime of rape and shall be punished by imprisonment with work for a definite term of not less than 3 years. The same shall apply to a person who commits sexual intercourse with a female under thirteen years of age.

Article 178. (Quasi Forcible Indecency: Quasi Rape)

(1) A person who commits an indecent act upon a male or female by taking advantage of loss of consciousness or inability to resist, or by causing a loss of consciousness or inability to resist, shall be punished in the same manner as prescribed for in Article 176.

(2) A person who commits sexual intercourse with a female by taking advantage of a loss of consciousness or inability to resist, or by causing a loss of consciousness or inability to resist, shall be punished in the same matter as prescribed in the preceding Article.