The Report

Story: Even the Strongest, Chapter 2 

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball

...

Goku had never felt more humiliated in his life than he did that day. The memories plagued him, eating away at his mind like some parasite. His body had been violated and yet the voices told him it was all his fault, that he wasn't actually a victim.

Just knowing that he wouldn't have had to go through that if he hadn't followed that man to his place. If he just fought back, or did something. He had even allowed himself to be drugged because he was too stupid to realize it. He could have defended himself, but he just froze up like some coward. His body had reacted against his will, betraying his mind.

When he told Vegeta what happened, Goku had expected to be blamed and called spineless for letting it happen to him. But Vegeta didn't do that. He didn't blame him once for any of it. He told him repeatedly that it wasn't his fault, and if not for him, Goku wouldn't be at the police station right now.

Telling Vegeta about it had taken every bit of courage he had, but now he had to tell Krillin as well? He didn't want to do this. He didn't even want to think about it.

No , all Goku wanted to do right now was leave , and he probably would have without a second thought if not for the fact that Vegeta was there with him.

His eyes darted around the room, feeling as though he had suddenly become privy to every possible sound in the room. The clicking of pens, doors opening and closing and even people typing on keyboards. He was quickly starting to become overstimulated.

There's too much noise in here, I can hardly think right now. I've got to calm down. I've got to-

It wasn't every day he got like this, as he could usually calm himself down pretty easily when he did, but there were times that this sort of thing just happened , mostly when he was stressed out about something.

He suddenly jumped a bit when he felt a hand grabbed his. He quickly looked down to see that it was just Vegeta's. Before he could react or say anything a voice caught his attention.

"So what's up, Goku? You said you needed to talk to me about something?"

Goku looked up to see Krillin standing in front of him with an inquisitive look on his face as he briefly glanced between him and Vegeta.

"Yeah, sorry, it's um... kinda personal... Could we maybe go somewhere quieter?" Goku asked, nervously scratching the back of his head.

"Hmm, you know... I do have a break in about thirty minutes from now, so if you don't mind waiting, then maybe we could-" He started to say, having completely misunderstood Goku's intentions due to the simple fact that he said it was 'personal'.

"No, that's not what I meant." Goku cut him off before averting his gaze. "There's something I need to report..."

"Oh." Krillin uttered in response to the clarification. For Vegeta to be here with Goku like this, he could only imagine it must be over something pretty serious. "Well, sure. But I might have to have one of my buddies come with me. You don't mind, do you?"

"Your buddy?" Goku inquired. He didn't want to talk about this in front of some stranger. He needed to know what he was getting himself into and familiarize himself with faces before he said or did anything .

Krillin could sense his hesitation, and his grin grew wider.

"Don't worry, Goku. He's nice. I'll even introduce you to him first. Stay here, okay? I'll be right back." Krillin said, before walking over to a group of cops that were whispering to one another about something.