CHAPTER tEn

Thanks to my idiocy and stubbornness, my return home was held back until I wasn't sore anymore. When Mikey returned with a glass of water and an ice pack I had fallen asleep, snuggling with a pillow. 

                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     What had woken me up was something cold to the touch. My eyes shot open at the sudden contact. I looked at the source of the cold feeling and saw Mikey with a bad of ice on my head. He jumped back a little bit at my quick reaction. "Sorry sweets, did I wake you?" 

     I deadpanned. "Yes. I enjoy sleeping and that was ruined." I replied in a monotone voice. Mikey looked at me awkwardly. 

     "Er- I'm sorry..." he replied.

     I giggled. "Kidding! Sorry... but yea...the cold scared me not gonna lie..."

     He sighed in relief. "Ok, angel cakes. I got you water also, you should drink up," he explained as he put the ice pack back on my head. I sat up slowly, making sure the ice didn't fall. He kindly handed me the said glass of water. I smiled at him as a way of thanking him and sipped slowly. He wrapped a blanket over my back and leaned his head on my shoulder. In response, I laid my head on his and closed my eyes. "Are you tired?" he asked. I hummed in response. "I'll let you sleep now, then," 

~~Time skip bc why not~

     Slowly, my eyes fluttered open. I turned over and noticed a picture Mikey had drawn and gifted me. I stretched my muscles out and yawned. I picked it up and studied its precious paint strokes. The accurate colors that made up my hair flowing in the wind of a very similar balcony to the one in my apartment made me smile. I looked back to when the day he gave the picture to me.

     "Happy two-week anniversary, Y/n! I made this for you, hope you like it!" Mikey exclaimed while handing me a medium-sized canvas. I looked at it and saw myself, outside standing on the balcony of one's apartment, staring out into the traffic of New York. The balcony in question was oddly familiar to the one I'd grown up with. My hair was in the wind, and overall the painting was beautiful. 

     I gasped when I saw the whole thing. I looked up at Mikey and smiled. "Mikey, this is amazing! Thank you... this balcony looks like mine, haha!" I exclaimed. I suddenly frowned. "Oh... but I didn't get you anything. I feel bad now," I said sadly. 

     Mikey shook his head with a smirk on his face. "I know, but I wanted to get you this! Plus, this image was all I could think about," he said looking down. "so I had to paint it!" he finished. 

     I nodded and thanked him again. "I'll hang this up in my room once it's safe for me!" I smiled sweetly. I kissed his cheek and ran back to my room and put the gift in a small pile of stuff I have for when I go back to my real home, I can put them in my room. This pile includes the Sanrio poster I bought from the night I almost got kidnapped, a little trinket Donnie made me, an extra teddy bear Raph had, and a mini skateboard Leon got me. 

     I came back outside for Mikey, hands in my pockets. "Are you sure there isn't anything I can do or get you? I feel guilty..." I chuckled lightly. Mikey put a finger on his chin to signal he was thinking. 

     "Hmm...Nope! Can't think of anything I could want from you besides yourself!" he smiled flirtatiously.

     I blushed and gasped. I put a hand on my chest to signify I was shocked. "Did my Michelangelo just flirt with me?" I said sarcastically. 

     At my comment, Mikey was the one who blushed. "I mean- if you're comfortable with it," he muttered shyly.

    I giggled and nodded. "Of course," I walked closer to him and wrapped my hands around his shell, and rested my head on his plastron. "Thank you, again, for the painting. It's beautiful." I told him. 

     He hugged me back and rested his head on mine. "It was nothing, really, plus it was easy. Imagining your face was the best part of it all," he responded.

~~End of flashback~

     I walked out of the room with much difficulty. Everything hurtsssss. I thought. I walked into the movie room where I was greeted by the four turtles and Splinter's eyes digging into my soul. "Uhm- Hi?" I said. 

     "You know, if you really wanted to do something so crazy and stupid, you should have asked me, I could have guaranteed your safety," Donnie said flatly. My eyes narrowed as I looked down. I bit my cheek to stop myself from talking back. 

     This time, Mikey spoke up. "Leave her alone, she probably regrets it herself, she doesn't need your guys' remarks as well!" I looked at him and we made eye contact.

     I smiled slightly. "Thanks, Mikey..." I muttered.

A/n: Sorry this chapter was so... uneventful! I have big plans for this fanfic >:). You'll never see it coming! Okay enough spoilers, that's all you need to know. I know it was also kind of short, another filler, but it'll be worth it! I hope... 

Anyways, bye beautiful being! Have an amazing day, dusk, dawn, night, or whatever time of the Earth's 24-hour rotation you are a part of and awake for! I hope that made sense...

-924 words