03

CW: Making-out (kissing! not anything to do with s3x, thats gross they're minors 😾)

>>Rui's POV<<

We arrive at Phoenix Wonderland to find Emu, jumping with joy. "Wonderhoy!" She shouts.

Me and Tsukasa walk over to her. I had a small concern. She usually was very joyful but it just felt different this time. "Emu?" Tsukasa says, softly.

"Eh? Oh! Tsukasa-kun! Rui-kun!" She says, rushing to give each of us a hug.

"Why are you so energetic today?" I ask with a slight grin on my face.

"Me and Nene are having a sleepover!" She smiles.

"Oh? Sleepover?" Tsukasa mutters.

Emu nods. "Yep! Over at her house!"

I cross my arms and look at Nene, who was now covering her face out of embarrassment. I walk over to her. "Are you alright?" I ask.

She stays silent. I carefully move her hands down from her face to see she was slightly red. "R-Rui—" She mumbles.

Then it clicked.

She invited Emu over rather than Emu doing it. It was unlikely for her to do so. "Are you embarrassed?" I chuckle.

She goes to cover her face again but I stop her by grabbing a hold of her hands. I never realized how small her hands had been until now. "You don't need to be embarrassed, Nene." I smile.

"I-i'm not embarrassed, Rui!" She snaps.

"Then why are you nervous?"

If she wasn't embarrassed, then why would she possibly— oh.

"Nene–" I let go of her hand before she runs off.

Tsukasa rushes over to me. "What's the matter with her?" He asks.

I sigh. "Something you do not need to worry about." I mutter before running after Nene.

I found her hiding backstage with Robonene. She wasn't crying or anything, just overwhelmed. I walk over to her, slowly. "Nene?" I mutter.

She looks up at me. I sit down next to her. "I'm sorry." I say.

Nene turns to me. "It's fine, I'm just not sure what's going on."

I hesitate. "I think I might know," I whisper.

She tilts her head. "Huh?"

I inhale, and exhale slowly. "You know how I told you that one time how whenever I was around Tsukasa, I'd have this weird fluttery feeling?"

Nene nods. "I said it wasn't anything romantic though, I said it was just a good friendship." I go on.

"Mhm."

I bring my legs up to my chest. "I think something similar is happening with you and Emu. You have a fluttery feeling around her and aren't sure of the emotion." I explain. "Would I be correct?"

Nene hesitates. "I guess so, I've never felt like this before and I just feel different around her. I'm not stupid enough to fall inlove with a girl though. I'm not gay, I don't think so anyway.."

I turn to look at her. "I said the same thing, but sometimes you just have to accept that it's who you are, Nene."

She sighs. "I know."

"If you aren't able to figure out the feeling in a couple of weeks, it's okay. Stuff like this takes time." I say.

Nene nods. I stand up and reach my arm out for her to grab. "Practice was supposed to start more than 20 minutes ago, come on." I smile.