Chapter 4 - The Vision

As I sat in the classroom, my thoughts were interrupted by a strange voice in my head. It was getting louder and clearer with each passing moment, and it was starting to overwhelm me. "Help him," the voice said. Suddenly, it changed. "Help them," it repeated.

I felt like I was being pulled into a dream. I was jolted awake by the sound of a horn blaring in my ear. I rubbed my eyes and looked around, but I was no longer in my familiar surroundings. Instead, I found myself in the middle of an unfamiliar city, surrounded by towering buildings and chaos. People rushed past me, going about their day without a second thought.

I tried to orient myself, but everything felt strange and unfamiliar. I looked down at my hands and saw that they were rough and calloused, not like my own. I was overcome with a feeling of unease, as if I was no longer in control of my own body.

As I walked through the bustling city, I heard a voice calling out to me. "Jonah!" it shouted. "Go to Nineveh and proclaim the message I give you."

I spun around, searching for the source of the voice, but I saw no one. The voice continued, growing louder with each word. "Jonah, go to Nineveh and proclaim the message I give you."

I tried to resist, but the voice was too powerful. I felt my legs move of their own accord, carrying me towards the center of the city. I tried to fight it, but I was powerless to resist.

Suddenly, I found myself in the middle of a raging sea, with waves crashing all around me. The voice continued to echo in my mind, "Help them, Jonah. Help them."

I looked around and saw people crying out for help, drowning in the tumultuous sea. Their desperate cries filled my ears, and I felt a strong urge to help them. But I didn't know how. I was just a young man, trying to make sense of the world around me.

Despite my doubts and fears, the voice was insistent. "Help them, Jonah. You have been chosen for a purpose. Do not turn away."

I jolted awake, my heart pounding in my chest. I rubbed my eyes and looked around, trying to orient myself. It took me a moment to realize that I was in my bedroom, and that I had been dreaming. 

A wave of relief washed over me as I took in my familiar surroundings, the memories of the dream slowly fading away. I lay there for a moment longer, trying to catch my breath and steady my racing heart. I was grateful to be back in the safety of my own bed, but I couldn't shake the feeling that the dream had meant something.

The voice had given me a mission, and I knew I had to fulfill it. I just hoped that I was ready for what lay ahead.

As I stepped out of my bed and got ready for school, the dream from last night still lingered in my mind. Despite the feeling of being disturbed, I decided to focus on having a peaceful day today. 

After my classes in the morning, I quickly sent a message to my life group, reminding them of our hangout later in the afternoon at our favorite cafe spot. 

"Guys, don't forget our hangout today at 4pm at our usual spot at the café. Can't wait to catch up and spend some quality time together! See you soon!"

I was looking forward to spending some quality time with my friends, having good conversation and enjoying each other's company.

I got ready and headed to the cafe to meet with my friends. I was excited to catch up with them and just have a relaxing time after a long week of school. As I arrived at the cafe, I saw that they were already there, chatting and laughing.

I walked over to them and greeted each one with a hug. "Hey guys!" I said, taking a seat next to Ethan. "What's up?"

"Not much, just catching up on life," Alex replied.