Chapter 8 - The Inheritance

I was playing video games with my cousins Blessing, Chosen, and Rich when Dad, Uncle James, and Grandpa Thomas came over. They were getting ready to go fishing and were discussing what they needed to do to get started. 

 Dad: "Okay guys, let's make sure we have everything we need for fishing." 

 Uncle James: "I've got the bait, hooks, and lures." 

 Grandpa Thomas: "I've got the fishing rods and reels ready." 

 Dad: "Great, let's get started." 

 I looked over and saw Grandpa Thomas entertaining my little sister Hannah with a fishing rod. She was smiling and laughing as she tried to catch a fish. 

 Blessing: "Can we come too?"

Grandpa Thomas: "Of course you can, boys. In fact, this is a great opportunity for me to teach you all about fishing. It's an important family tradition and I want you to know everything about it."

I watched as Grandpa Thomas began to school us on the different techniques for fishing. He showed us how to bait the hooks, cast the lines, and even showed us some tricks for attracting the fish.

Rich: "Wow, I never knew fishing was so interesting."

Chosen: "Me neither. I can't wait to try it out."

Blessing: "I just hope we catch something big."

Grandpa Thomas: "Patience is key, boys. But I have faith that you'll all do great. Remember, it's not just about catching the fish, it's about spending time together and enjoying the peacefulness of the lake."

We all nodded, eager to start fishing. I was excited to learn and continue this family tradition. With Grandpa Thomas leading the way, we set out to catch our first fish and make memories that would last a lifetime.

Grandpa Thomas: "Alright boys, let me tell you a story about a big fish. Have you ever heard of the Prophet Jonah in the Bible?"

The boys nodded their heads in unison.

Grandpa Thomas: "Well, Jonah was a prophet of God who was called to go to the city of Nineveh to preach against its wickedness. But Jonah didn't want to go, so he boarded a ship to go in the opposite direction. But God sent a great storm, and the sailors threw Jonah overboard. That's when a big fish swallowed him and kept him inside for three days and three nights."

Blessing: "Wow, that's crazy."

Grandpa Thomas: "Yes, it is. But it's a story that shows us that no matter how much we try to run away from God's calling, He will always find us. And in the end, Jonah obeyed God and went to Nineveh to preach His message."

Chosen: "That's a powerful story, Grandpa."

Grandpa Thomas: "Indeed it is. And just like that big fish, fishing can also teach us patience, perseverance, and the importance of following God's plan for our lives."

Rich: "I never thought about it that way, Grandpa."

Jonah: "Me neither. I can't wait to catch a big fish and see what lessons I can learn from it."

Grandpa Thomas: "That's the spirit, Jonah. Now, let's go fishing!"

Suddenly, I remembered my dream where a voice told me to go to Nineveh and preach the word. It was a vivid dream that stayed with me, and I couldn't shake the feeling that it was significant. I wondered if it could have any connection to what Grandpa Thomas was talking about with the story of the prophet Jonah. I decided not to mention my dream to the others and kept it to myself for the time being.