Chapter 12 - The Word

As Lea ended her prayer, I heard the soft small voice whisper to me again, "Focus." I was taken aback by the voice. It was mysterious and conflicting at the same time. I was trying to make sense of it when Jules yanked my elbow and said, "Wow, Lea is really anointed in leading worship." I nodded in agreement, trying to brush off the whisper and the strange feeling it was giving me.

Pastor Jacob then took over, thanking the worship team and asking everyone to be seated in the presence of the Lord. As we took our seats, Jules looked at me and asked, "Are you okay?" I told him I was fine, but the truth was, I was still taken aback by the whisper I heard and the strange sensation it was giving me.

***

Pastor Jacob stood in front of the congregation with a smile, greeting them with a warm "Good morning, everyone!"

"It's great to be here with you all today. I hope you're all having a wonderful Sunday so far. Before we dive into our message for today, I want to take a moment to connect with each and every one of you. So, how's everyone doing today?"

[Congregation responds with greetings and welcomes]

"Great to hear that! You know, I had an incredible experience yesterday that I just have to share with you all. I went on a fishing trip with my eldest son Jonah, my brother James, my father Thomas, and my three nephews Rich, Chosen, and Blessing. And let me tell you, it was an adventure."

"Jonah was the one who caught the big fish, and he was so excited about it. But, things quickly took a turn for the worse when the fish yanked him off the boat and into the water. I thought we might lose him, but thank God he's here with us today."

"This experience got me thinking about how sometimes life can be unpredictable and things can take a turn for the worse quickly. But, the beautiful thing is, we have the assurance that everything works together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose."

"That's what we're going to talk about today, Romans 8:28. 'And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.'"

"Friends, this verse is a reminder that no matter what we face in life, God has a plan and a purpose for us. Everything that happens to us, whether good or bad, is for our good and for His glory. And when we have this understanding, it gives us hope and peace in the midst of life's storms."

"So, let's take a closer look at this verse and what it means for our lives. First, it says "in all things God works for the good." This means that everything that happens to us, the good and the bad, is part of God's plan to work for our good."

"And it also says "for those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." So, it's not just for anyone, it's for those who love God and have been called by Him to fulfill His purpose in their lives."

"So, let me ask you, have you accepted God's call on your life? Have you surrendered to His will for your life? When we do, we can trust that everything that happens, no matter how difficult it may be, is for our good and for His glory."

"Friends, this is a powerful truth that can bring hope and peace to our lives. So, let's hold on to this truth today and every day. Let's trust that God is working all things for our good and for His glory."

He then went on to ask the congregation, "Has anyone ever felt a gentle nudge or whisper, a still small voice telling you what to do? It could be in the middle of the night, when you're driving, or even in the midst of chaos. But you just can't shake it off, and you know you need to listen to it."

Pastor Jacob then took a deep breath and continued, "That voice is the Holy Spirit, the Comforter that Jesus promised us when He went back to heaven. The Holy Spirit is always with us, guiding us, leading us, and showing us the way."