𝟐

Chatari pov
Friday, 7:02 am

// vote and comment..

I ended up leaving all the stuff for the mini fridge situation downstairs last night. I was not finna carry allat upstairs after walking around a store for hours.

I see why my mama don't do nothing after heavy grocery shopping.

Me and my mom had a talk and decided it's better for me to start school on Monday, and thank the lord because i was gon find a way not to go anyways. she just saved me some trouble.

I grabbed my phone from the side table beside me and saw a few text messages. some from my best friend, my dad, and some associates from my old school.

I texted my best friend and dad back but left everyone else on read, they just wanted to be nosey anyways.

I looked at the clock. 7:07 am, too damn early in the morning to be up.

I turned my tv on a played music so i could have some background noise as i finished setting my room up.

everything basic was already set up and all that, but things like posters or decorations and stuff was still sitting in the corner of my room.

I got up out of bed and went to my bathroom so i could brush my teeth, wash my face and do all that other good stuff.

I turned the water on and let it get hot before getting what i needed and starting to brush my teeth.

"truly i ain't got no business here, but since my friends are here, i just came to kick it" i mumbled along to the song with the toothbrush hanging out my mouth.

"tari? you up?" my mom knocked on my bedroom door and i looked out the bathroom threshold to see her peeking in.

I hummed as a way of asking her what she needed. "i'm finna leave in a minute. i ordered you some food, it should be here in a few minutes."

"ok ma. te amo, hasta luego." 

"I love you too. also I'm having a dinner later with my friends and their daughters, so I want you to come with me." 

I nodded and she left out my room, closing the door back. I finished doing what i had to do in the bathroom and left out so i could start with my actual room.

My mom already had the bathroom and all that other stuff decorated when i got here since this was just another guest room until i moved in.

I picked up the posters that were still rolled up inside a Walmart bag in the corner. "i guess i'll start with these.."

-after finishing her room-

"girl you'll love it i promise." Asia, my best friend, said from my phone. Im in the kitchen eating the food my ma got me. it didn't take as long as i thought it would to finish my room, I got the mini fridge set up and everything.

"mm.. i'll be the judge of that when i get there."

she was talking to me about the school and everything since it would be my first time going to that school specifically.

North Valley High.

"I swear you gon like it.. but watch out for Dream and her friends, they ain't shit." she said picking at her nails.

"whatchu mean?" i asked closing the food container and setting it to the side.

"They just so mean for nothing. it's three of 'em; Dream, makhya, and destiny." she said. I nodded letting her know i heard her.

"as long as they don't try me, we good."

"i know that's right. but i gotta go, i need to do mari's hair for daycare today. see you later boo, i love youu" She made a kissy face towards the phone camera.

"i love you too, get my god baby right." I smiled and she laughed before she hung up the phone. Mari is her daughter, She's the cutest and sweetest little girl ever.

Asia had Amari at 13 cause of something neither of us ever want to have to repeat.. let's just mari's sperm donor is a sick individual.

She made a good life for herself and her daughter after she got kicked out by her own mother for having the baby. She moved in with her auntie down here until she saved up enough to get a car and rent a nice apartment.

Asia and her mother still don't have any contact till this very day. I would've cut her ass off too if she blamed me for what happened.

I got up off the barstool and went into the living room so i could watch movies to pass time. My mom doesn't get off work till 3:25 and it's only 9:37.

I browsed through the Disney+ app before deciding to just turn on The Proud Family movie and got comfortable on the couch with a blanket.

-hours later; 4:30 p.m.-

"MA!" I called out from down the hall. "what?" she came out her room with a curly wig in hand and she only had a bald cap on her head.

"what time it start?" i asked.

"6:50." she went back in her room and i went into mine.

I went into my closet and pulled out one of the outfits i got from the mall and threw it in my bed. "that should do." I shrugged my shoulders and went to my bathroom so i could take a shower.

-after getting ready-

"chatari c'mon before we be late na!"

i jogged down the stairs and looked into the living room mirror to make sure i looked good. I made sure i had all the things i need in my pocket and fixed my hair to how wanted it..

"alright i'm ready. we taking one of your cars or separate cars?"

"one of mine. I don't want you randomly leaving in the
middle of dinner." She mugged me and I put my hand over my chest pretending to be offended.

She just looked at me until we both laughed. "girl go get in the car before we be late."

✰✰✰:
tell me what y'all think, how can I make this story better?
voteee!!