𝟑

Chatari pov
Friday, 7:05 p.m.

// vote and comment..

We ended up being at a place called Maria's kitchen.

I was just sitting in the car scrolling on my phone, I don't wanna go in there. I hadn't even noticed that my mom was already inside the restaurant and waiting for me. Even if I did, I don't even like people like that so I probably would've stayed either way.

I saw her come back out the restaurant and she looked irritated so I grabbed my things and got my ass out the car quick as hell. She came up to me and dragged me by my ear all the way to the table. She slapped me upside my head.. in front of everybody.

She side eyed me and went back to her seat and I sat down beside her. I heard a few giggles so I just got on my phone and put one of my AirPods in.

I looked up and my mama was running her mouth to two other older looking women who i'm guessing were her friends. There was three empty seats next to one of the lady's and two open beside the other.

Good morning gorgeous by Mary J. Blige started to play and I tapped my fingers to the beat on my thigh under the table.

My mom slid a menu over to me and I started flipping through it. My eyes landed on something call cajun seafood alfredo and it sounds good so that's what i'm getting.

After a few minutes four little girls and an older girl came up to the table and sat down. The younger girls looked like their ages ranged from 4-7 and the older one looked about 15.

The older girl glanced at me and then returned her attention back to who I'm guessing are her little sisters.

my mom tapped my arm and signaled for me to
take my AirPods out so I slightly rolled my eyes and did as told.

"trin where's your other baby? I heaven's seen her in a while.." My mother asked the woman with a big curly afro and glasses.

"Girl you know she just got herself an apartment and she's a working girl so she usually doesn't have time for the things we used to do together. she should be able to come next week though."

"oh ok. well it's good she's trying more for herself now." dukes replied picking up a menu and looking through it.

-after the dinner-

"ma can we stop at the corner store?" I asked, powering my almost dead phone off and dropping it in the cup holder.

"yea. I need to get gas anyways. get me some ice cream while you in there. butter pecan." She said turning into the gas station. She parked at one of the gas pumps and handed me a ten dollar bill out her wallet. "you can keep whatever's left over."

"okay." I exited the car and patted my pockets to make sure i had my wallet before making my way into the store.

The man behind the counter nodded at me and i returned the gesture. I went to where the snacks were and grabbed a bag of ruffles, a big texas cinnamon roll and all pink starbursts.

I grabbed my ma's ice cream and went up to the counter so I can pay for everything.

"this all?" The man asked as he rung up the items i'd sat down on the counter. "yea"

I tapped my finger tips on the counter making a little beat until he finished and told me my total. "$10.45."

I grabbed the $10 ma gave me and got a dollar bill out my wallet and gave it to the man. He gave me my change and the bag and told me to have a good night.

"thank you. you too sir." I left out the store and saw a group of teens walking towards the side of the store to where a man was posted.

I continued on my way to the car and locked eyes with one of the younger looking girls for a split second. She was tall and lanky with straight backs dressed in all black.

"here." I handed her the bag as soon as u got in the car. I put my seat belt on and she pulled off.

"you joining choir?" My mother looked over at me and i hummed and shrugged my shoulders.

"I gotta see what i'm workin' with first. I'm not tryna be a part of no half ass choir-"

" -watch it. but i understand. you might be able to talk to the choir teacher when you get there."

I nodded and we sat in a comfortable silence all the way to the house, which wasn't far. I probably could walk there if I wanted.

I yawned, stretching my arms and legs out before getting out the car. I grabbed the gas station bag and my phone out the cup holder while dukes got the leftovers we had out the backseat.

"press that button thing right there." she told me and i leaned back into the car before pressing a black button that was on top of the dashboard. The garage opened and she closed the car doors on her side then went up the driveway. I followed and went in the house behind her.

"put my ice cream in the freezer please. here." She handed me the leftovers before snatching her wig off and ascending up the stairs.

a whole ass mess.

I went and sat everything on the kitchen counter before going back out into the garage and closing it. I closed and locked the door when i came back in and went to put everything up.

I took her ice cream out the bag and put it in the freezer and put both our leftover plates in the fridge. I turned out most of the lights downstairs before grabbing the corner store bag and going to my room.

Tossing the bag and my phone on my bed, I stripped out my access clothes and headed straight for my bathroom. I got my towels out the bathroom closet and sat them on the counter.

I put the L.E.D. lights i had lining my bathroom on red and took off my boxers and bra, turning the shower on.

I stepped in once i felt it was hot enough and started to wash my body.

-after her shower-

"oh shit-" I stopped myself from slipping on the bathroom mat and balanced myself by holding onto the counter. I wrapped my towel around myself and opened the bathroom door letting all the steam out.

"girl you do damage to me.." I muttered to myself as i dried off my body and dropped my towel. I put on deodorant and moisturized my whole body before going to my dresser and picking out a Ethika set and a big tee shirt.

I fixed my gold plated initial necklace and went back into my bathroom, straightening everything up and brushed my teeth + did my skincare routine before leaving back out.

I continued humming the melody of Poison by Brent faiyaz until i finished the song.

I plugged my phone up and got my Ipad off my side table, getting in bed after I turned all the lights off and tidying my room up.

I went to youtube and set my ipad up on a pillow before getting comfortable and playing a lil ron ron video, ready to fall asleep.

✰✰✰:
yay or nay? lmk how yall feel about the changes. (for the ones who read the original version) yall fw it?
pleaseee vote + comment.
might update again tmr or later this week.