43

"It's so good seeing you happy again Andy" Nicole squished my body in hers and when I pulled away I smiled and thanked her for her support

"Andy can I talk to you?" Damon stood in front of us with his hands tucked in his pockets and the look in his eyes didn't seem friendly making me wonder what may had happened. "W..what is it?" I noticed a look that transpired between the cousins and it made me worry. "What's going on here?" I looked between the both of them.

"Let's go, I have to talk to you in private" he emphasized while glaring at an annoyed Romero. I was about to follow him out of the living room but Romero held my wrist to stop me from leaving.

"No Damon, whatever you have to say you'll say it in my presence" he deadpanned and Damon rolled his eyes.

"Quit being a child cousin, we have the right to our privacy" Damon pulled on my other wrist. "Hold on you two! What's going on and what is it with the bickering?" They had one last glare before Damon spoke up.

"Since when did you start keeping things from your best friend Andy?" He shot me an accusing look which drowned me in the depths of confusion.

"I don't understand Damon, what did i keep from you?"

"Why did decide to keep the fact that this idiot got an opportunity to pursue his career and he refused it" I was hit with cognizance and looked at Romero to seek for his approval to give an explanation.

"I'm sorry Damon. Trust me I'd have told you but he made me promise not to and you know I don't break my promises" I apologized which didn't erase the slight disappointment and hurt in his eyes and it made me feel guilty.

"Don't pull her into this Damon and what's your issue about this, I already rejected the offer and nothing would change my mind about it". Romero hissed out in annoyance which mirrored Damon's expression.

"I understand the meaning of rejection Romero, the question is why? We both know how much this opportunity would have helped your career and you rejected it? C'mon bro, that's so abnormal of you" he uttered out in frustration.

"You want to know why I rejected the offer? Fine I'll satisfy your stubborn ass. It's because they didn't want to take in the whole team, they only wanted me Damon" he explained making Damon's eyes soften.

"Now you've heard the reason can I sleep peacefully at night?" Romero sarcastically retorted.

"You turned down such a big offer because of us?"

"You won't make me repeat myself Damon and if I had told you guys y'all would have made me accept the offer" he glared at his cousin and I silently watched the cute drama that was yet to unfold.

"I'm sorry I.I didn't know. That was such a golden opportunity for you cousin and because of the team... Tears hid in his eyes but he tried so hard not to let it out.