seven

The blonde walks into the cafe, looking around till he spots us.

"Scaramouche." He looks cute and bubbly but his eyes are cold.

"Aether." Scaramouche greets. "Please sit."

The guy- Aether, extends a hand towards me.

"Hi, I'm Aether. Nice to meet you." His entire demeanour shifts.

"Hey, I'm y/n, likewise." I shake his hand.

He sits down next to me and waves to Hu Tao to order, who replies that she'll be there in a second.

"So, did you bring it?" Scaramouche asks.

It kind of sounds like there's a drug deal going on, but that might just be me.

"Yeah, I did. Did you bring what I asked for?" Aether's back to being cold.

"Here." Scaramouche grabs a thick folder from his backpack. "Info about Ei. This is about everything I know."

"Good. What do you need that thing for anyways?" Aether hands him a strange catalyst looking object.

"That thing, is called a parametric transformer. I'll be using it for a school project. Not that it's any of your business." He scoffs the last part.

I feel like an outsider in this tension, do they not like each other? Who is Aether anyways...

"So y/n, where do you know Scaramouche from?" Aether smiles.

"Oh, he's my partner in said project. We have Alchemy together." I smile back, before receiving a scowl from Scaramouche.

"Hm, good luck with that. He's a handful to say the least." Aether's grin looks a little forced.

"Aren't we done here? Why are you still here?" Scaramouche sounds annoyed.

"I can talk to y/n, can I not?"

"No you can not, get lost."

It feels like I'm between two cats fighting. Not sure what to do I just chug the coffee.

"It was nice meeting you Aether, see you later Scaramouche." I promptly get up and walk out of the cafe.

"Y/n-!" I can hear Scaramouche call for me, but he's wrong if he thinks I'll sit there and play couple's therapist.

There are multiple ways to get home, taxi's, the subway, I could even go by bus. With this in mind, I wander around the port.

There are stalls selling fresh seafood, imported goods, and one booth even sells local specialties from Mondstadt.

The stall sells a fruit called sunsettias, and dandelion wine.

"Y/n!" An out of breath voice yells.

"Scaramouche?" The boy looks red from running.

"For fuck's sake, are you deaf? I called you multiple times."

I check my phone and see that he had indeed called me 3 times. I don't like the number three so I quickly delete the notification.

"Sorry, it was just pretty uncomfortable." I tell him, not really caring about the topic.

"How were you going to go back home if I had left?" He pants.

"Well I could have called a taxi."

"Ugh. You're so annoying." He grabs my wrist and starts dragging me away from the stall.

A shame because I wanted to try the dandelion wine... maybe next time.

We get to the parking lot where Scaramouche opens the passenger side door for me. May seem like a cute gesture but it's because he's pissed and doesn't want me to take any longer than needed by not being able to open the door.