twenty eight

Hey! Got a special announcement at the end of the chapter, enjoy my loves <3

"Oh-" I get cut off by Scaramouche.

"I love you too."

What. The. Hell?

I feel myself becoming lightheaded and all blood in my body flowing to my cheeks.

"Are you okay?" He grabs my hands.

What do I do?

Did he just confess? No this ain't even confessing anymore this is just a love declaration!

"Y/n? Are you feverish?" He puts a hand on my forehead.

"You're burning up, when did you get sick?"

I push his hands away from me, they're only making it worse.

"I-I'm not sick, it's n-nothing." I stammer out.

Scaramouche blankly stares at me in disbelief. He bends down to match my height while I'm sitting down and stares at my face.

"I get it... you still won't accept me, will you?" He buries his head in the crook of my neck.

"No that's not it..." I sigh.

"Then what is it?" His voice tickles against my neck.

"I- uhm, I've never really heard someone be this y'know... honest about their feelings towards me..." I can feel my face become red hot again.

He leans back and looks at me with an even more confused face.

"No one has ever told you that they love you like this?" His voice now sounds more stern.

"I mean yeah, platonically they have..."

Wait what if Scara meant it platonically?

"So I'm the first to say it romantically?"

Now it's my turn to bury my face in his neck. I don't want him to see my face.

"I'll take that as a yes."

I can just picture his smirk right now.

He pushes me away, looking at my face. He isn't smirking, he wears a very flushed face to match mine.

We just stare at each other for a while, not saying anything. The cafe is luckily pretty empty and the barista isn't paying attention.

"Want to go for a walk?" He breaks the silence.

"Sure..."

We walk in a comfortable but tense silence around the beach, edge of the island. The sun is starting to set as winter is slowly growing closer.

The waves loudly crash on the shore, peaceful sounds making me feel at ease.

"Y/n..." Scaramouche's voice snaps me out of my trance.

"Hm?" I turn to him, he still looks a little red.

It seems he's unable to find the words to say, mouth opening and closing and soft sighs of annoyance at himself to be heard.

"C'mon spit it out." I nudge him.

"Nevermind." He shakes his head.

"You sure?"

"...Yeah."

We continue walking, the occasional remark about the things we see is made. The sun is now almost fully set, ready to bid us farewell for the night.