bonus chapter 1

"Scara..."

I look at my now husband, with tears in my eyes.

We've been married now for about 7 months, living in a big house we both worked hard to pay for. Correction, I only paid about 25% of it because my husband is literally an archon's son and he's loaded.

He turns to me, sitting on the couch in the living room. Seeing me shake makes him shoot up almost faster than the speed of light.

"What's wrong?" He grabs my shoulders immediately inspecting my body.

"Y/n, what happened? What's wrong?" He cups my face.

I can't help but let my tears overflow, they drop down my face and this makes him panic even more.

"Please talk to me baby, what's wrong?"

I just nuzzle my face into his chest, I can't even find the words to tell him what's up.

It all started last Friday, I was supposed to get my period and normally it's really accurate... and yet until today I didn't think of taking a test.

It's now Wednesday and I just discovered I'm pregnant 5 minutes ago.

I would have stayed calm and told him in a cool composed way, all planned out as a big surprise.

But I'm so overwhelmed, I can't help but sob.

Scaramouche picks me up and sits down on the couch with me in his lap. He holds me tight and murmurs sweet reassuring words to me.

After a while I feel a little more calm and comfortable enough to tell him what's up.

"Scara..." I start.

"Yeah my love?" He plants a kiss on my nose.

"I... uhm.." I can't find the words to tell him.

What do I say?

Do I just tell him I'm pregnant? With what words? How?

Then an eerie feeling of dread and some unfamiliar type of fear start to creep in.

What if he doesn't want kids? Would he leave me?

"Y/n?" His eyes find mine.

Ah those beautiful indigo eyes that look more panicked than me. How I love this man...

Instead of replying I just leap off of his lap, making him call my name out once more when I walk to our shared bathroom.

He follows me quickly, afraid of whatever I was going to do.

The poor man always jumps to the most negative conclusions and ideas when it comes to me.

I grab the test I'd dropped on the tile floor before I'd stumbled my way to the living room, Scara still on my trail.

"Y/n? Talk to me, what's up?" He pleads desperately.

He nearly corners me before I spin around and hold the test up to him. I hide my face, scared of his reaction.

He's quiet for a few seconds that feel like an eternity, moments like these make me question what kind of eternity his mother was trying to archive.

I feel his hands grab me by my waist before lifting me up swiftly.

He holds me close and tight while his chuckles sound from my chest where he's buried his head in.

His warm laughter and tight grip on me make me tear up again.

"I'm going to be a dad!"

"Yeah, yeah you are!" I laugh while I sob.

That day was spent on the couch together, not doing much but suddenly it felt so much more precious...

A whole new chapter in our story,

A whole new addition to our little family.

Word count: 574

Hi my loves! Here's bonus story one, continuing their sadly fictional lives.

I wasn't sure what to do with the bonus stories but I'll just continue with little short chapters right where I left off ig??

Don't forget to check out my new Scara fic! It's called 'Electric Crown' and it follows the reader as the second daughter of a marquis, who gets tangled up in the crown prince's affairs. The crown prince being none other than our lovely menace Scaramouche <3

Thank you for reading!