twenty one

The people around us look at us, or well, at the commotion Scaramouche is making.

"Well Scaramouche, I'd like to start by saying that Y/n here is not an object that you can claim. She's a person and besides that, we were merely dancing and conversing." Alheitham is still calm as ever which seems impossible in a situation like this.

"Besides that, it's best not to throw a fit at a place like this. If you'll excuse us." Alheitham walks past Scaramouche and holds out his arm to escort me back to our friends.

"I don't think you realise who you're dealing with but Y/n is coming with me." Scaramouche grabs my arm pretty roughly which makes me wince.

"You're hurting her. I suggest you let go." Alheitham sighs.

"Y/n, what do you wish to do?" He now looks at me.

Before I can answer, Thoma yanks Scaramouche's arm away from me.

Childe drags me away from the dance floor and to the terrace.

"Are you okay?" Childe inspects my arm for any injuries.

"I'm fine... just a little upset this night had to be ruined like this." I sigh.

Scaramouche was the one to distance himself from me completely. Use me and discard of me. Yet he does these things, why must he keep tormenting me?

"Wait here for a second, I'm going to see what's happening now. Be right back." He squeezes my hand before striding back inside.

The cold night breeze cools me down, I let it caress my face and breathe in deep.

"Y/n." An unfamiliar voice says behind me.

I hear the doors to the terrace close and heels clicking towards me.

"You really had to fuck everything up for me huh? Couldn't just have laid low and played nice."

I turn around to face the black haired girl.

"Hello to you too Mona." My voice sounds annoyed.

Mona wears a deep blue dress decorated with silver stars. If she weren't such a bitch I might have complimented her.

"Save the pleasantries, I'm just here to tell you to go home. Leave me and Scaramouche alone. You're not wanted here." Her words sounds as sharp as a dull knife.

Does she really think she can hurt me?

"Mona, I don't know what your problem is with me but all I can sense is jealousy. Maybe fix that attitude before blaming me." I sigh and look over the marble fence of the terrace.

The stars are bright tonight.

"You little... I've played nice for long enough. You should see yourself! Strutting in acting all high and mighty, you're absolutely nothing!" Her voice echoes.

"At least, I'm not as fake as you are. Your mask is breaking Mona, what will you do when people meet the real you? I doubt that you'll be so loved then..."

Before I can go on I feel the impact of her hand against my cheek.

Did she just slap me?

"Know your place you little whore! Stopping as low to steal my boyfriend! Who do you think you are?" Her yells can't be heard inside.

"Look ms. Perfect, you'll need more than that to bring me down. I didn't steal-"

Her fist almost hits my face, thanks to my daily sparring with Kaeya I grab it mid-air.