eight

"Y/n?" Scaramouche waves a hand in front of my face.

"Huh?" I look up. "Oh! Sorry. I'm feeling kind of hot right now, mind if we head back in?"

"My, are you blushing?" His smirk grows wider.

"No, I'm just feeling a little hot that's all." I stammer and walk towards the back door.

Scaramouche is quick to grab my wrist and pull me back, to the point I stumble against him. 

I feel my heart beat faster.

"I asked if you're blushing." His voice is stern and he speaks right into my ear.

"N-no..." My mind has gone completely blank.

"Liar." He whispers.

He lets me go and takes a step back, I barely keep my balance.

What the hell?

"What are you waiting for? I thought you were hot?" Scaramouche asks, standing in the doorway with an amused smile.

"Right." I keep my head hanging low while walking back inside.

We spent the next hour in his room, working on the essay for alchemy. Although he's acting a little different now, he's purely focussed on the essay.

Still a little tired from yesterday, I feel myself nod off every once in a while.

"I'll drive you home." Scaramouche suddenly states, complete waking me up.

"Huh?"

"Your yawning is distracting me. We can finish this next week." He stands up, picking up some of the papers scattered around his desk.

I stand up and grab my phone, quickly checking my messages.

Thoma
Y/N!
HELLO?
ISTG I WILL REPORT YOU AS A MISSING PERSON

"Go on, reply. They might really think I kidnapped you at this point."

Scaramouche leans over me, reading the messages over my shoulder.

"Ack!" I aggressively jump forward, elbowing him in the process.

"Shit..." Scaramouche groans. "What are you so jumpy for?"

"You! What are you coming so close for?!" My voice sounds panicked.

"Does it bother you?"

He's once again standing right behind me, barely touching me but his presence is suffocating.

In reflex I raise my arm, ready to attack. But he's quick to grab both of my arms.

"Does it make you uncomfortable?"

His chest is now against my back.

"Well?"

He tightens his grip on my wrists.

"Please let go of me." I manage to mumble.

"Hm? What was that?"

At this point his voice sounds taunting.

"Let go of me!" My yell sounds high pitched.

He lets go of me, my arms fall back to my sides. I hear his footsteps walk around the room before I hear the door open.

"Come on, or would you rather walk?"

The drive back was awkward and silent. I didn't even have the courage to look at him, I'm not usually this cowardly but this situation is new to me.