23

The next few days was filled with nothing but fun times and quality time together. Santana was overwhelmed with happiness. Being with Quinn made her happier than she had ever been in a very long time. They made pit stops at their favorite places around Lima. The school, the football field. Even the playground at the elementary school where they countless hours chasing each other around the monkey bars.

Today, however- was their last day home and they decided to take a road trip to Lake Erie. The night before, they had dinner with both of their parents at BreadStix which ended up being incredibly wonderful. They both agreed that it had a lot to do with the fact that they weren't in high school anymore.

"You got everything, babe?" Santana called over her shoulder as she down the hallway with their bags. "I'm gonna go put the bags in the car okay?"

"Okay." Quinn answered from the bathroom.

Quinn walked into Santana's room one last time to make sure they weren't forgetting anything. A few things changed since they arrived in the Lopez residence and one of those things was the fact that all the pictures of Santana and Brittany together were now gone. Quinn realized that Santana didn't take the other night very lightly, taking all the pictures down the following morning. She tried to stop her- knowing that dating Brittany was a big part of her life. Of what made her who she was. Quinn started walking towards the door, but stopped to put something in her purse. She shut the door and walked outside to see Santana leaning up against the car waiting for her.

"There you are. What took you so long?"

"Nothing baby, just washing up before we leave." Quinn said as she walked up to her girlfriend and placed her hand on her chest before kissing her. "We should get going, it's like a 4 hour drive to Lake Erie."

As always, the girls sang on the car ride over. All Santana could think about was how she was going to start the next school year without Quinn by her side. It was inevitable, but the summer just started so she shook it off. Quinn was looking out the window watching as they drove past the towns on the border of Ohio when she felt a gentle nudge on her shoulder.

"You're quiet, Q. Is everything okay?" Santana looked over at her girlfriend with worry. "This is like one of your favorite songs and you haven't sang at all."

"It's nothing, San. I promise. I feel kind of weird leaving Lima. We spent so much time trying to get away from this place. You know? And know I'm kinda left with this bittersweet feeling because this past five days have been absolutely wonderful with you."

"I know. I feel it." Santana placed her hand on Quinn's thigh. "But hey, a part of growing up means us moving on from this place."

"Everything started here, babe. Even our relationship."

Santana took the next exit and headed towards Lake Erie. "You're right. But, staying in this town also comes with its flaws as well. I mean, look at the other night? I don't like shit like that. I don't even know who that Brittany is."

Santana hadn't talked about that night since it happened. Quinn tried to talk about it, tried to apologize for her part of the antagonization. But Santana always stopped her, because she knew that Brittany was pressing her buttons more than normal.

"You know, I know you don't want to talk about it. But maybe we should you know?"

Quinn looked over at her girlfriend, who's expression had changed. "I'm- just not wanting to talk about it, Q. It really upset me you know? Was I not respectful of her and Sam's relationship this whole time?"

"You have been. We both know that, everyone knows that."

"That's why it doesn't explain why the fuck she acted like that at the house. She's lucky that my parents weren't home." She said as she took the turn into the parking lot. "I've been nothing but respectful. Yeah a hater from afar but never would I ever have done something like this to her."

Quinn placed her hand on Santana's thigh. "Babe, you did nothing wrong."

Santana parked the car and unbuckled her seatbelt before grabbing Quinn's hand, interlocking fingers and kissing it. "I know I didn't do anything wrong its just, what did I do to deserve that?"

Quinn didn't really have anything to say because she didn't know how to reply to that.

"Brittany, she made me into the person I am. You remember how it used to be. So for her to turn around, and do some shit like that is wild. I just want an answer."

"Let's just forget about this and enjoy our day here okay?" Quinn said as she placed a kiss on her girlfriends cheek.

"You're right. Let's go." Santana said as she opened her door. But before she could step out, Quinn stopped her.

She placed her hand on her cheek and had her turn towards her. Quinn kissed her, and Santana smiled into it.

"Ugh. I can get used to this." Santana said as she went in for another kiss.

"So can I, babe."

The girls enjoyed a nice day down at the lake, putting out a blanket and taking out the snacks they packed in their picnic basket. The weather was nice, a little overcast which made their day more enjoyable.

"Let's go down here." Quinn said as they walked along the shore of the lake. She looked into her purse, and then looked around. "Maybe right over there."

"What are you looking at in your purse?"

"Nothing, San don't worry." She replied as she towed her girlfriend around the shore. "Here. This is it."

"Baaaabe.. What is it? What are we doing?"

Quinn pulled out the picture of the two of them from years ago, as children. Santana smiled, taken aback a little by the sudden blast from the past.

"I wanted to recreate this picture. That's why I brought it with me. I thought it would be cute to have the two sitting next to each other. To kinda show, how far we've come you know?" Quinn said as she lightly dusted the frame.

Santana was surprised by the sudden romantic gesture. Their relationship was still pretty new, and seeing this side of Quinn was different. She pulled Quinn in closer, placing her forehead on hers.

"I love that idea babe."

The girls asked a passerby to take their picture, trying to recreate their exact poses they did all those years ago. They thanked him and he was on his way.

Santana went into her camera roll to look at the picture while Quinn held the picture frame up next to it so they could look at together.

"Not exactly the same, but we also don't have cotton candy." Santana said, laughing.

"It's perfect to me." Quinn turned towards Santana. "San?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you, so much. And I still can't believe that you're mine." She was smiling, knowing that she meant every word.

"I love you too, Q."

They were about to kiss when a loud crackling thunder scared Santana. She jumped, and Quinn grabbed onto her. The rain followed nearly right after, engulfing them almost immediately.

"Shit!" Santana said as they both began to run back to the car.

Once inside, they began laughing. Quinn grabbed the towel that was sitting in the back seat and began to wipe Santana's face.

"You ready to head back to Cait's?"

"I'm ready to head anywhere with you babe." Quinn replied as she started to wipe her face.

The girls pulled out of the parking lot to head back to Louisville. The summer was just beginning, and nothing could prepare them for the adventures that were to come.