21

After a few hours, the girls laid back on the bed exhausted.

They had been in this position one time before but this time was much different. This time it wasn't two best friends who were heartbroken. It wasn't two separate entities dealing with emotions they kept hidden from the outside world, including each other. This time it was as a couple, as two people who felt more feelings for each other.

Quinn wiped the bead of sweat falling from her temple as it made it's way down her face.

"Fuck, babe." She turned to Santana who was already looking at her. It was golden hour, and the sun shining through the window was hitting Quinn in the most perfect way. "What's up?"

"Nothing. I'm just- admiring you. I am so happy."

Quinn placed her hand on Santana's cheek. "I'm happy too baby."

Santana wrapped her arms around Quinn and pulled her closer. "Brittany tried to kiss me downstairs, I don't know what's going on with her."

Quinn had been wondering if Santana was going to say anything when she was hiding at the top of the stairs.

"She tried to kiss you?"

"Yeah, but I stopped her. That's not the Brittany I know. And honestly- I'm all about you."

The words made Quinn's heart flutter. The words were at the tip of her tongue. She hadn't told Santana I love you for a while now, and before they became a couple it was something they told each other all the time. And if she was being completely honest with herself, she missed hearing the words from Santana's mouth.

Santana's hand was lighting tracing Quinn's back muscles. "You okay babe?"

Quinn came back to reality; she was lost in her thoughts for a moment. "Oh yeah, I'm okay. Thank you for telling me about Brittany."

"I was afraid that you were gonna be mad."

"I'm not mad at you, San. At Brittany? Yeah. Kinda. Because she needs to respect the fact that we're together now."

"I know. It's not like her to be like this honestly."

Quinn sat up in the bad at used the rubber band on her wrist to tie her hair back into a pony tail.

"We should start getting ready babe. The Sugar Shack is opening soon."

*******

The girls showed up fashionably late as always. Breadstix was pretty packed at this point, with everyone congregating towards the front of the restaurant near the stage.

"Welcome everybody to the 4th annual karaoke night here at the Sugar Shack!"

Everyone cheered.

"Congratulations to this years winners, Santana and Quinn!" A round of applause started. The girls stood up and playfully bowed. "Up first for tonight's open mic night is Blaine singing Just The Two Of Us."

Blaine walked up onto the stage and began to sing. His relationship with Kurt had ended a while ago, and he had gotten a new boyfriend that he met while going to school in New York.

The night had been going well- and after a few drinks Santana and Quinn began to quickly get touchy with each other.

"Hey babe I'm gonna go outside and smoke you wanna go?"

"No I'm okay, I'm gonna go grab a round of shots with Tina and Artie." Santana said as she placed a kiss on Quinn's cheek.

Quinn got up from their booth and made her way outside onto the sidewalk in front of the restaurant and lit a stogie. The night air was nice and cool, and after the few drinks Quinn had- she was hot.