19

Santana was mid-conversation with Kurt. Quinn decided not to bother her, and followed Rachel further backstage.

"Rachel.."

"No, let me start. I'm sorry for hurting you, Quinn. I am. I took your advice you know, about choosing who I want to be with. And I saw your selfie with Santana's jacket on and then you never called back. I saw your post and I-" Rachel was timid. Which was normal for her so Quinn didn't see any problems. "I picked you, Quinn. I told Finn that I didn't want to be with him because I want to be with you. But it seems as if I missed my chance."

"I'm with Santana, Rach. I can't just leave her. I really like her. It's something so refreshing, and something I need. I've gone through enough, I'm done chasing you. I've waited for you for years, Rachel. Years. You know what that does to a person?"

Rachel didn't have anything to say. The conversation was already taking a turn, and not one that she expected. Honestly Rachel was hoping that Quinn seeing her in Lima would magically change her mind but it was obvious now that wasn't working.

"You're used to getting everything you want. Finn, solos. You got Fanny on Broadway." Quinn was pacing now. "But I'm sorry. I'm done being your second choice, being the fallback when Finn chooses yet another backless dream he has over you."

"It's not that Quinn and you know that."

"No, I allowed you to come in and out my life continuously since senior year. I opened up to you, I was vulnerable and you shot me down because of Finn. Do you notice, that the only time that you would come to me and say you had feelings was when he would leave you? Then you would turn around with no hesitation and be with him because he was ready to have you back. I'm not a doormat, Rachel. You can't just step all over me and leave when you're ready."

"Quinn-"

"No, Rachel. I'm making a choice for myself this time. I choose Santana. I choose me."

Mr. Shuester was on stage now, thanking Mike and the boys for their performance. "And now, we have Rachel Berry"

Rachel walked by Quinn, placing her hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry, Quinn."

And with that she walked away and took the stage. Quinn walked back over to where everyone was congregating. She looked around, spotting Santana sitting on one of the amps putting away the guitar.

"Hey baby." Santana said as she clamped the case shut. "Everything okay? I was looking for you earlier."

"Yeah, Rachel wanted to talk. That's all." Santana stood up. "Everything's okay I promise. I told her that I choose you San."

Nobody showed me, nobody told me
What to do when the story turned out wrong
Or how a heart does its mending, without the perfect ending
The one I always thought would come along
She had her own ideas of where this love was going
She wasn't leaving it up to the hands of fate

She just said hold on tight, it's gonna be a heck of a night
Especially when you hear what I've got to say
And when she said, I don't love you
The first tear broke through
Now it's comin' down
Like a Tennessee rain

"She changed the words." Quinn walked towards the stage, standing where Brittany was earlier. She watched as Rachel sang, a tear falling from her eye. Santana followed, watching as her girlfriend tried to make sense of the situation. "She knows I like this song. Why would she choose this one, of all times?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Santana replied. Quinn found Santana's hand, and they interlocked fingers. "She loves you."

-------