10

Practices had been getting long and grueling. But the hard work and hours were paying off because their stunt team was looking near to perfect. And Santana was proud, because she never did anything less than 100%.

She had talked to Quinn everyday since she left, which was nice because she had someone to talk to about her day. Someone who was willing to listen, who understood her.

Coach was letting the team have a day off, since Daytona was about a week away. Caitlyn was having a get together at the house and most of the team was coming over. Santana got some of her things and headed over to Caitlyn's place. When she got there, everything was already ready.

Caitlyn had put away her most expensive instruments given what happened the last time she had the team over. She lost one of her nice bass' and she was quite upset about it.

"Your place is looking good, Cait. Tonight's gonna be fun. Daytona in a week." Santana placed her bag in the guest room and walked back out to the kitchen where Caitlyn was setting up the bar. "Do you need any help?"

"No I'm okay. The girls should be over soon." Caitlyn replied. "How's Quinn doing?"

"She's alright. Still claiming she's over Rachel though." She turned to see Caitlyn giving her a look. "That doesn't mean she likes me, Cait. I asked her. She said she doesn't like anyone right now."

"Yeah that's because she likes you San I don't know how many times I have to tell you." Caitlyn laughed.

Santana shook her head and walked outside onto the balcony, drink in hand. She liked to start slow, she didn't want to be buzzed before the team got there. She pulled out her phone and checked to see if Quinn texted her. Santana never liked to miss a text, she had a habit of accidently opening threads not realizing that the other person wrote back.

I'll text you when I get back from the poetry slam.

That was the last message she got, so she locked her phone and slipped it back into her pocket. The front door opened so she knew that the girls were starting to trickle in. She went back inside and started a beer pong game with the tumblers.

-------

Quinn had been looking forward to the poetry slam all week. It was something she was introduced to when she first got to Yale and instantly fell in love. She tried to go as often as she could, but as she progressed in years her work load from classes began to get heavier.

Jess accompanied her tonight. It was a little colder than usual, so Quinn was sporting a hoodie with skinny jeans and her favorite pair of Timberlands. Plus a beanie of course. They walked down to the campus bookstore where there was a lounge. Once a month the english department would hold the poetry slams as a chance for students to socialize and of course, perform their pieces.

Quinn always wanted to get on stage but she never had anything good enough for her to perform. She didn't want to go on stage and make a fool of herself.

At intermission, the girls went outside for a smoke break.

"There were some pretty good pieces tonight." Jess said as she smoked her cigarette. "I'm waiting for the day you get on stage Quinn. We both know that your work is better than most of the people that hit that stage."

"I'll eventually get there, I'm waiting for the perfect piece." She replied. "You think my stuff is good though?"

"Well, it's getting a lot better compared to when you first started coming to school." She laughed.

"I know that for a fact." Quinn finished her cigarette and placed the butt in the ashtray. "I'm beat though, I think I wanna head back to the room and relax for a while."