Chapter 1 - Where are We?

This is the first chapter.

I feel that it is natural to fall into this kind of chaos when one suddenly goes to the past and has no one to explain (?) things on them.

- Yamaga

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1-1

Around 23:59 on December 7, 1941, which was about to turn into December 8, the anomaly occurred.

"Ungh, so sleepy."

All those who were awake, including night sentries, those who were on duty, and those who were unable to sleep due to the tension of the war against the United States and Britain, suddenly lost consciousness for a moment.

Those who were trying to fall asleep, however, mostly fell asleep. Those who were on duty tried their best to wake up, and although they temporarily fainted, most of their efforts were rewarded when they woke up, but many of those who did wake up were startled when they looked up at the sky.

"What is happening?"

The moon was in a different position than it had been before they fell asleep and lost consciousness. It was supposed to be in the sky, but it had gone from a full moon at age 18 to a waning moon. When they regained consciousness, they looked up at the sky and saw the moon in a different position, probably between ages 10 and 11. Just to be sure, they checked all the clocks on board the ship, but there was no sign that that much time had passed. In a panic, the junior officer on duty had to wake up his superior officer, who in turn had to check the position of the moon himself and became flabbergasted.

And then...

Furthermore, one after another, they found themselves in a bizarre situation. First of all, they can no longer intercept all (human-emitted) radio waves. Even though Europe was in the midst of World War II and the radio waves of many countries were under press control, it was impossible for them to be so quiet.

Furthermore, when they checked the star chart, they found that even the positions of the stars were out of alignment with the star chart.

The top brass of the Imperial Japanese Army and Navy, which were on the verge of starting the Greater East Asia War and were working on the so-called "Southern Campaign," gradually began to suspect this unusual situation.

"Just what is happening? How is it possible for the moon to wax and wane so quickly?" Lieutenant General Tomoyuki Yamashita, commander of the 25th Army, asked his chief of staff, Lieutenant General Sōsaku Suzuki.

After receiving a report from the officer on duty that the moon was in a different position and was even waxing and waning differently, he himself confirmed that the moon was like that and was convinced about the predicament they were in.

"Honestly. But I can only say that I don't know what I don't know either."

Even Suzuki could not help but be puzzled.

"First of all, the primary question is whether or not we should launch the invasion of Malaya under such circumstances."

Yamashita sounded troubled.

On December 8, that is, rather than this morning, the 25th Army is still scheduled to land in Kota Bharu, Singora, and other areas at dawn. Therefore, there is no time to spare, to say the least.

However, they cannot help but be skeptical about what is going on outside of their own sight.

Could it be that we are the only ones in this situation?