1st Stand

It was a normal school day, except I got to talk to Kakyoin in the hallways. Jotaro wasn't with him, but he said that they were watching out for any attacks. I chatted with him until it was time to go to Jake's practice.

I grabbed the books I would need, them being science and Japanese, and headed for the gym.

They haven't started their practice yet but I saw a few girls in the bleachers. Must be fangirls. I sat down a few rows away from them as they are usually loud and I'm proven correct when the players start coming out of their change room.

The girls scream the loudest for Jake. So that's who they're here for. I'm here for him as well, but It shouldn't be a problem since everyone knows that Jake's my friend.

Jake spots me from the court and salutes me with a big goofy smile. I salute back and the girls just then notice me. Took them long enough.

"Y/n! Why didn't you tell us you were there! A friend of Jakes is a friend of ours. Come sit with us!" one girl speaks from the group. She has brown hair and beautiful black eyes. I once had to talk to her for a project but I was so lost in her eyes that I didn't catch what she was saying.

"No thanks. I planned to study but Jake pulled me along to his practise. I'll join you all next time." I gave them my sweetest smile in hopes they didn't take the rejecting as the end of the world.

"Oh ok. We'll bring some snacks next time then." they smiled back but continued to talk amongst themselves right after.

While the guys are warming up and preparing for their game, I took my science book and studied.

The noise didn't bother me, strangely. And when it was time for them to play, Jake yelled my name to get my attention and I looked up only to see him in front of me, slightly panting.

"You promised to watch me, so pay attention!" my eye twitched. This dude... If the fans didn't know we were just friends they would murder my ass,not that I would let them.

"I'll watch alright,but make a mistake and you'll regret it." I glare at him to prove that I'm not joking. I know quite a bit about basketball and to be a professional, there is no room for mistakes.

"I won't make one this time!" he pouted, his voice going up a pitch.

"That's what you said last time." I gave him a look that said 'are you fr?' and he closed his mouth, going back to the court.

They began the game as soon as he got there. They must have decided the teams before hand so it would be easier.

Jake was on a team with worse players, since the teams needed to be fair.

The game started, Jake not standing out much and passing to his teammates. He landed a few hoops, not missing a shot and he continued like that for another set until 

a stand came at him.

I sat up straight but did nothing to stop the stand. I couldn't stop it even if I wanted to,Ose isn't capable of fighting right now and I have no idea of the stands capabilities.

The stand stared at Jake then turned it's head to me. I tried not to pay attention to it, looking beside it at Jake but out of the corner of my eye, I see it head my way.

I tried staying as still as possible so it wouldn't attack out of nowhere when Ose started talking:'Yuki is acting suspicious. She's in the bathroom by herself, biting her nail and muttering curse words.'

'Can you tell what she's saying?' what could have gotten her in that state? She's usually composed. I'll talk to her when I get the chance.

The stand that's approaching me is slowing down but I don't spare it a glance. Instead, my eyes are on the ball that's being passed around.

' 'I'll kill him', 'She's mine', 'How dare he'. And somethings like that. Hey woman, I can fight. Want me to save you? ' I can tell he's smirking, probably picturing me as a damsel in distress.

'Stay where you are. Don't touch her and try not to be seen.'

'I won't hurt your precious friend, don't worry.'

'You better not' the stand stopped in front of me, not moving. It reaches a hand out and I brace myself, trying not to flinch.

The hand caresses my cheek, moving up and down my face. Even though it's in front of me, I have to pretend not to see it. Ugh, please just go.

After caressing my face, it moves it's hand into my hair. The others don't notice, as they're watching the game. Like nothing happened, it moves away from me.

'Yuki's calmed down. She's touching her face now. Woman, your friends are as weird as you. I feel like I'm watching something I shouldn't.'

'Good. Her stand has just finished fondling me. It didn't look like it was gonna attack but next time, it won't be so lucky.' I narrowed my eyes, a fire burning in my stomach in anger. Just thinking of the ways I'm going to squish that worm has me excited.

'What of the others? Any suspicious activity from them?'

He stayed silent, probably going to check up on my friends.

'None. Most are at home, doing nothing.'

'Most?'

'Yeah,are you deaf? Chiharo is doing some geek stuff on the computer.'

I leaned back, relaxing a little now that a threat was gone.

'Can you tell what he's doing?'

'Sure, give me a moment, you nagging hag', my eye twitched at his insult, c'mon Y/n, you're better than he is, 'Some complicated shit. He's trying to find some dirt on someone. Wait. Isn't your last name L/n?'

'Yeah,what of it?'

'He's searching about you.'

'What?! That can't be it! Look again! There must be someone else with the same name.' at this point, I was fidgeting with my books, not studying or watching the game at all.

'No, that's you alright. Your ugly face is hurting my eyes. And it's on both of his screens.' I paused in shock. What kind of dirt is he going to dig up about me? I don't have much, but it's hidden from my friends for a reason.

'Hey, Y/n', that bought be back and I took a deep breath, my hands regaining their warmth, 'If he finds anything, it's not going to be the end of the world. You can just get new friends.'

'No! That secret CANNOT come out, you hear me?! Quick! What demon deals with technology?! Hurry, tell me!' my leg was bouncing, my stomach was hurting from worry.

'None. Listen to me, woman. Your secret isn't going to shatter their world, ok? Just let it play out.'

'You're lying! I know there's one! And you don't know what it'll do if it got out. It's best if they don't know.'

'Listen here you frog, us demons aren't diverse is technology,we're not ghosts. Your secret is huge but it could have been worse. Let it play out. If you lose 'em, then they weren't your friends ti begin with.'

'Right, right. I need to calm down. They'll believe me, support me. Yeah. It'll be OK.'

I turn my attention to Jake just as he messed up his steps. That dumbass! The steps are the easiest! How could he mess that up?

He glanced my way, fear in his eyes and I glared at him. Lecture is later. He has a game to finish.