5 - First Date

This is after season 2. The pogues are back home in the OBX after Poguelandia. (Likely won't perfectly follow the season 3 plotline).

*Pope and Cleo will not be featured in this oneshot*

Happy reading!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The warm sparks of the fire gave Kiara a nice glow, as she lounged with her eyes closed in the hammock. Opposite her was JJ, admiring her tanned skin. John B. and Sarah sat near the fire, her legs on his lap.

Recently, Pope and Cleo had been helping Hayward, limiting the time they spent with the pogues drastically. That left the other four to adventure and socialize together.

"Well, I'm gonna call it a night." John B. yawned, Sarah's legs falling to the ground.

"Me too, g'night guys!" Sarah tiredly exclaimed.

The two entered the chateau hand in hand, exiting the other twos' view.

"And then there were two." Kie chuckled, the weed she smoked several hours was now wearing off.

JJ smiled. He had always had a thing for Kie, but after he saved her life and she saved his, he realized just how much he needed her. Plus, spending so much time third wheeling JB and Sarah brought them closer together. And although they refused to admit it, Pope and Cleo definitely had a thing going.

JJ and Kie had become even closer over the past few months. And JJ's feelings grew stronger.

"Hey Kie?" JJ sighed nervously.

"Yeah, what's up?" she asked contently.

"D'you... do you wanna go on a date?" he managed, cringing as soon as he said it.

"Yeah, yeah I do." she smiled.

He smiled in return.

"Great, then tomorrow it is!" he exclaimed, trying to contain his excitement.

Kie chuckled, propping herself up onto her elbows.

"Very smooth, loverboy." the girl teased.

"I didn't know if you wanted flowers, or a limo, or some kinda speech..." the blonde joked.

"I just kinda improvised, I am a professional after all." he laughed, brushing his shoulder.

Kie giggled. She was excited for her date. No boy had ever offered that to her before.

As the tiredness won over, Kie laid back down on the hammock and closed her eyes that she had fought to keep open.

"Need a pillow?" the boy offered, opening his arms.

Kie squinted, chuckled and then motioned for him to come over. She rested her head on his chest as he rubbed her back until she fell asleep.

It wasn't uncommon for Kie to sleep alongside JJ or any of the boys. They had grown up together, after all. After many drunk nights, long days and exhausting moments, Kiara wasn't awkward about laying near one of her boys.

However, this felt different. She was laying with her boy.

The next morning, JJ woke up first to see a sleeping Kie still resting on him. Her head was on his upper chest and one of her arms was draped across his body. Her mouth hung open slightly, her lips pressing gently against JJ's chest, like the rest of her beautiful face.

Not long after, Kie began to stir. She tiredly rubbed her eyes and used one of her hands to bring herself up to a sitting position, pressing on JJ's chest.