16 - Pogues in the Future

Heyyyy! I'm here with another oneshot!

This was requested by @piggypeppa123 and it takes place in the future!

Enjoy, and vote, comment, share, request, add to your reading lists + library!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When do you realize that you really are grown up?

For the pogues, it might have been when they bought houses, or got jobs, or turned 18.

Who knows when they realized. But now as 26 and 27 year olds, they certainly weren't kids anymore.

Just after the eldest pogue, John B., turned 19, his not-so-legally wife (Sarah) fell pregnant with their first kid. The couple owned a surf shop together in the OBX, so although the baby was a surprise, they were stable and ready for this new chapter. The couple lived in an apartment above the surf shop for the first year of business, but after falling pregnant, knew they had to move.

So, the couple lived in a quaint cottage on the water. Not long after, they welcomed their first born daughter, Valerie Camille Routledge. She has bright blonde hair and bold eyes. As the first baby to the pogue friend group, she recieved an endless amount of love. And as business picked up at the Routledge Surf Shop, little Val spent a lot of time with Auntie Kie, Auntie Cleo, Uncle Pope, and Uncle JJ.

A few years later, the couple welcomed their son, Theodore "Vlad" Jaxon Routledge. He looks practically identical to his father. At just 23 and 24, Sarah and J.B. certainly had their hands full, but they wouldn't have changed it for the world.

And finally, their lives were complete when they introduced their last son at ages 25 and 26, John Routledge Jr (or as he was nicknamed, "Junior"). The sweet boy has light brown hair and bold eyes, like his sister.

As for Pope and Cleo, they both attended post-secondary. Pope graduated from Princeton University at age 22 with a degree in Forensic Science. And Cleo graduated at age 22 from College of Charleston with a diploma in Culinary Management.

A year later, the couple got happily married on the beach by a small ceremony with family and friends. And so, Pope worked as a coroner and Cleo worked as a head chef in a seafood restaurant.

Not long after, the duo purchased their first home. It was a cozy bungalow near the ocean, in the OBX.

By age 24, the couple welcomed their first child, Michael Prince Heyward. He has beautiful dark curls and the brightest smile. And at age 26, Cleo birthed their second child, Amalia Faith Heyward. She was practically her mom's twin.

That left Kiara and JJ. The two graduated high school and went on a surf trip. They traveled to Europe and Africa before temporarily returning to meet baby Valerie. After a few months stationary in the OBX, the couple traveled on to South America.

They married each other while on their surf trip, it was intimate and a simple elopement between the two of them while visiting Brazil. It was perfect.

By the time the couple had both turned 22, they had settled in a home on Figure 8. It wasn't too big, but JJ took the term 'full kook' quite seriously after finding the gold. The boy had bought a charter boat, which he traveled with frequently.

And Kiara had started a charity that rescued turtles. She spent her days along the beaches of the Outer Banks, protecting wildlife and saving the earth. JJ regularly helped with her work.

At 25, Kie discovered she was pregnant. And by the time they were 26, they welcomed their daughter, Ivy Sage Maybank.

--