15 - Talk With Kie's Parents

Season 3 spolier warning!!

Takes place after season 3, before time jump!

This was requested by @hockey9876 and @ifyouareanirlgetlost (I combined your requests because they were ultimately very similar, I hope you don't mind! :))

*After this oneshot, I will not be doing spoiler warnings because OBX3 has been out for almost a month, so I strongly recommend watching the show before reading!*

Don't forget to vote, comment, share, request, add to your reading lists + library!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kie exhaled nervously as she pulled her sock over her foot.

"I really don't wanna do this, J." she sighed, getting up from the bed she was sitting on.

"You're not alone there, Kie. But, the sooner we get this over with, the better." JJ answered as he grabbed a hat off of the dresser. 

The couple had been staying at Ward's rental property and hoped to continue to stay there after today.

See, once the crew had returned to the OBX with a plane full of gold, things started to spread around town.

And unfortunately, Mike and Anna had heard these things, too.

Of course, they didn't believe that their daughter had escaped from the Wilderness Therapy Camp. That was until they received a phone call from Kitty Hawk which explained how Kiara wasn't there.

And so, after getting into contact with Kie, they had asked that she come home to have a talk with them. And JJ being the amazing boyfriend he is, knew he had to go with her.

So, once they were dressed and had no excuses left to use to further delay their meeting, the headed over.

After the longest and somehow shortest drive ever, the couple pulled up to the luxurious Figure 8 home.

Kie shivered lightly as she closed the door and exited the car. Last time she was here, she was being dragged away by Kitty Hawk workers. JJ took notice of her fearful body language and wrapped his arm around her. He pulled her into a hug and gave her a gentle kiss on her head.

"We're gonna be fine, okay? I won't let anything happen to you." JJ ensure.

Kie nodded as a singular tear slid down her face.

"What if they send me away again?" she asked into JJ's chest.

JJ sighed. It was clear that Kie was traumatized from being abducted twice. But the boy would save her as many times as she needed.

"They won't, they'll have to get past me first." JJ joked.

Kie chuckled lightly as she pulled away from the hug. JJ wiped her tear away as she sighed.

"You ready?" he asked, tilting his head slightly.

"Yeah, let's just get this done with." she nodded.

So, JJ carefully walked up the steps with Kie not far behind him, just in case there were Kitty Hawk workers ready to pounce at the door.

The duo carefully rung the doorbell and waited for the door to open.

"Oh Kie!" her mom, Anna, breathed as she ran to go hug her daughter.

"Stay away from me." Kie replied angrily.

"Kiara, just come inside." Anna replied, being careful to keep a steady distance.