17 - Flu

Takes place after season 3, during the time jump! In this oneshot, JJ and Kie live in a little cottage on the water!

Happy reading and don't forget to vote, comment, share, request, and add to your lists+library!

Requested by: audreymayfeild

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bright sun shone through the sheer curtains as two pogues slept in their comfortable bed. Kie was clung on to JJ like a magnet, her whole body practically squeezing him tightly. 

JJ opened his eyes lightly, trying to adjust to the brightness from the sun. But he quickly observed how warm the bed was, as if the covers were walls of a sauna.

The shirtless boy looked down to find Kie fast asleep. Her face was slightly twisted with discomfort, almost as if she was stressed. The boy brought one of his cool hands to her clammy face to brush some stray hairs that were stuck to her face. But from the second his skin connected with hers, he felt the warmth that radiated off of her body.

Though he had no way of knowing, her fever couldn't have been less than 103. Her skin was pale, and yet somehow her cheeks were extremely flushed. Her whole body was extremely clammy and warm, as she stirred slightly her legs quite literally felt sticky as they repositioned themselves on JJ's legs.

The blonde sighed, slowly wiggling out of his girlfriend's firm grip. But unfortunately for him, she woke up.

As her dark brown eyes adjusted to the light, she looked around in confusion, dazed, practically. However, she quickly closed her eyes and again and groaned. JJ sat up and placed a hand lovingly on her face, caressing it as he rubbed some sticky hairs off of her skin.

"Not feelin' too hot?" JJ asked, hauling over her practically limp body.

Kie lightly shook her head, too weak to answer.

She felt freezing cold, though he body was disagreeing with her... Her body ached awfully, her head pounded, her throat was drier than sandpaper, she was extremely fatigued she was congested, and she had a brutal cough.

The girl had felt slightly off yesterday, but shrugged it off. JJ had insisted that he take care of her, to which she refused. This flu had surely come on quickly.

"I hate to say I told you so, Kie, but..." the boy trailed off, expecting the girl to tell him to shut up or make him regret his remark, so when she stayed quiet, JJ knew something really was wrong.

JJ sighed as he hurried out of the room to find their cold & flu remedy basket. As he expected, it sat in the bottom drawer in the bathroom. Once returning to their bedroom, he searched through the basket to find a thermometer. And after he had obtained the tool in question, he placed it gently in Kie's slightly open mouth. It sat just past her pale lips until the beeping sound suggested it had come to an answer.

The boy pulled out the thermometer and his eyes widened at what he saw.

"105... Kie..." he sighed.

"I'm fine." she mumbled, her voice was incredibly congested.

"You're a terrible liar, you know that?" the boy chuckled lightly, rubbing her shoulder gently to reassure her that he was joking.

Kie's eyes were still closed and she snuggled further into the thick blankets. She may have a fever, but she felt freezing.

JJ took out a box of Advil and read through the instructions regarding the dosage. Once he took out the two pills, he got Kie some water.

"Try to drink as much of the water as you can, okay?" he asked gently, she nodded her droopy head softly.