11 - Fight With Luke + Comfort

Minor season 3 spoiler warning, I think? I would recommend finishing OBX before reading these oneshots!

This oneshot takes place after season 3, JJ's dad is in the OBX.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JJ sighed as he entered the disgusting placed he calls home. He crept past his sleeping father, surrounded by beer cans, pill bottles and drugs.

Luke had returned to the Outer Banks just a few months ago, but it had felt like years. He had somehow heard about his house being sold to the bank and knew he couldn't let that happen. So, he returned, paid off the house and paid his bail from prison with money he must have stolen while in Yucatan.

JJ continued sneaking through the mess, eager to grab some more clothes to keep at his girlfriend's house.

The boy spent majority of his time at Kie's place, which her parents weren't very fond of. But, as they continuously saw the bruises that covered JJ's body from the time spent at his dad's and considering the Chateau was burnt down (meaning he had nowhere else to go), they eventually gave in.

Unfortunately, a creak in the floor below JJ's feet was enough to bring Luke out of his drunk slumber.

"Who's there?" Luke demanded, jumping up from the couch.

"JJ? What the hell do you think you're doing 'round here, boy?" he shouted, moving towards the blondie.

JJ stared him up and down. "I was grabbing some clothes, figured it wouldn't bother you, considering I never come back here." JJ spat.

Luke let out a breathy chuckle, the strong scent of alcohol laced in his breath.

"You've got some balls comin' back here, boy." he sneered.

"Yeah, well... had to make sure you weren't dead yet." JJ shrugged.

Luke frowned deeply. "Where have you been, you been livin' on the streets?" the man asked.

"No, I'm with my girlfriend." the blonde said, disgusted by how little his own father cared about his life.

"That kook slut, Anna's kid?" Luke spat, and that was it.

Just like that, JJ tackled Luke and began throwing hard blows at him.

"Nobody talks about Kiara that way, especially not a piece of shit like you!" JJ shouted, throwing another hard punch at Luke.

However, Luke flipped JJ around and gave his share of hits.

Luke grabbed JJ by the neck and shoved him against the wall.

"You are nothing, boy! You hear me? You're an ungrateful piece of shit!" he screamed, increasing the pressure around the blonde's neck.

Just as JJ felt the world going dark, he heard the sound of a car. And just moments later, he fell, being released from the tight lock around his neck.

"You stay the hell away from him, Luke." a girl said in a strong but shaky breath.

JJ looked up to find Kiara, lowering a broken beer bottle as Luke ran out of the house.

"Jayj? JJ, can your hear me?" Kie cried, lowering herself down and taking his head into her hand.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm here." JJ sighed, reassuring himself as well.

"Can you stand? Where does it hurt?" Kiara asked, tears streaming down her face.

"I'll be alright, I just need to get my stuff." JJ grunted as he held onto Kie and slowly stood up.