First meetings

Rain watched his friend leave for the science facility open house, he had begged Rain to go with him, but for once Rain had stood strong and refused. He was here for the architectural open house and he wasn't about to miss a minute of it.

This was his life long dream, hopefully, finally being fulfilled. He had been working his butt off taking extra classes and studying like crazy. Now he was more than a little excited as he absentmindedly wrote on his pamphlet, "I must pass, I must be an architectural student!" All while murmuring the line to himself as a mantra.

"Well then, I wish you the best of luck." A voice said from behind him. Rain started, he hadn't realized anyone was around. He stood up and turned around and saw the most beautifully handsome man he had ever seen in his life. Rain felt as if the breath had been knocked out of him.

He was obviously a student here at the faculty, judging from his uniform and the drafting tube slung over his shoulder.

"So damn handsome," Rain said, completely dazed.

The man raised an eyebrow making Rain realize he had accidentally said that out loud. "Thank you for the compliment."

Rain blushed and finally remembered his manners, he gave a respectable wai, "Sorry Phi, my name is Rain. I am here for the open house."

The man nodded, he had probably guessed that much from Rain's school uniform and the pamphlet. "I am Phayu, you can call me P'Phayu. Come, I will show you around the facility if you like."

Rain nodded eagerly and grabbed his bag and pencil case.

P'Phayu took his time showing Rain around the building and answering Rain's eager and frequent questions. He even gave Rain his contact information "in case Rain has more questions or wants tips for the entrance exam". Before leaving him back at the faculty open house table, P'Phayu hands Rain a triangle ruler with a tornado scribble on one side. "This is my favorite one, keep it for luck when you take your entrance exam."

Rain nods, he will do just that. He is already mentally making a list of questions he can call and ask the senior about. Maybe they would be able to grab coffee or something and discuss the entrance exam in more detail.

♾️♾️♾️♾️

Rain gasped he had been sleeping but now he found himself behind the wheel of his BMW the rain pouring down as he drove slowly home. Was this a dream? There was a loud noise from the direct of his passenger side tire and the sound of rubber scraping against pavement. But P'Phayu had just put new tires on his car, he thought with confusion.

"What's wrong with my baby?" A panicked voice said, and the voice seemed to come from him, but he would have sworn he wasn't the one speaking.

He caught sight of his reflection in the window and mentally froze. This was him, but it wasn't him. His onyx stud earrings that he had worn since he first had his ear pierced had been replaced by a small silver hoops. His hair was in the auburn mop style he had worn in high school but since he had started university he had let it go back to its original black and grown it long in an obvious imitation of P'Phayu's. These days he usually wore it in a low ponytail so he wouldn't have to take too much time styling it, unless he was going somewhere special. There was something else different but Rain couldn't quite put his finger on what it was. Maybe a certain look of naïveté or innocence that Rain never remembered having.

This had to be a dream.

"Mommy, daddy, what's Rain going to do?" Again the words came from him but he didn't seem to be the one speaking.

There was a tap on the window, and Rain looked up to see P'Phayu. He was wearing his motorcycle helmet and leather jacket but Rain had seen his boyfriend in this outfit often enough that he would recognize him anyway, even before he lifted the visor.