Just a dream?

"So who is P'Phayu?" Rain heard Varain ask. Wait was he back in this dream again? It was just a dream wasn't it? Why did it feel so vivid and real?

Rain quickly recognized that Rain was talking with Sky and Ple, although he had never seen Ple with long hair. The Ple he knew kept her hair cut short in a bob.

"Don't you know him?" Sky said.

"Rain, you don't know P'Phayu? He's that P'Phayu." Ple said.

"Which P'Phayu?" Varain asked in confusion.

Rain didn't really listen to what followed. It was all the things he could and had listed himself, P'Phayu's virtues.

Besides he was distracted because he just realized he could read Varain's emotions if he tried and he had discovered two very surprising things.

One was that Varain had a crush on Ple. Ple?!? Rain had never seen her in that light, of course he already had a boyfriend when they had met.

The second thing surprised him even more. Varain and Sky were best friends. Rain often worked on group projects with Sky, Sig, and Por and was friendly with all three (although Sig sometimes drove him nuts) but he wouldn't consider them best friends. As he felt the wave of affection Varain had for Sky he thought maybe he should try to get to know his own Sky better, it would be nice to have a best friend.

As the group went to lunch, Ple continued to list P'Phayu's virtues. Rain started to feel a new emotion coming from Varain, jealousy. "Ple, is your brother gay? He keeps praising P'Phayu so much."

Wow, thought Rain.

Sky apologized to Ple on Varain's behalf and she answered, that she hadn't liked it that Varain sound as if being gay was a bad thing.

Exactly thought Rain.

Rain laughed when Sky told Varain he had one word for him, rejected. Oh he definitely had to get to know his Sky better.

It was the alarm that pulled Rain from the dream, if was a dream Rain still wasn't sure. He pulled out his dream diary and added this new chapter.

At breakfast Rain asks P'Phayu if he is going to the code line party next week. By some small coincidence he and P'Phayu share student numbers. Rain usually attends but P'Phayu is sometimes too busy with work.

P'Phayu thinks about it and says, "Maybe, if I don't have any last minute client issues."

"When will you be home tonight, can we have dinner together? I will get my assignments done early." Rain is one of the top students in his year. He thinks a lot of that is down to P'Phayu keeping him on track, plus he always wants to make P'Phayu proud of him.

"Of course, sweet boy, why don't you order us something tonight. I will text you when I leave the office." P'Phayu says reaching across the table to tousle Rain's hair.

Rain lives for these little domestic moments. He thinks of Varain who doesn't have his own P'Phayu yet. If it's not a dream, he wonders if he could give Varain a push in the right direction.

Before first class Rain strikes up a conversation with Sky. He had never really talked to him about anything much outside of school work. Now he finds out Sky is really into manga, comics, and phone games. Rain is also a gamer and they discover they have a couple games in common. Rain already has Sky's contact information for school work so he promises to send Sky his user ids later so Sky can add him for gaming sessions.

After dinner Rain and P'Phayu cuddle on the sofa watching a series. Between Rain's school work, P'Phayu's full time job and work at the garage they don't get enough nights that are just the two of them like this.