The Races

"Did you cheat?"

Uh, oh thought Rain. Spoiled rich kid alert. Rain didn't recognize this guy but he'd been to enough races to recognize the type. Boastful, snobbish, disrespectful, cruel, and a sore loser. The type that felt they could get away with anything and daddy's money would bail them out of any trouble.

Well if he dared cause any trouble here, P'Chai would soon put him in his place.

Varain's mouth dropped open when the man turned on P'Phayu and accused him of giving him a bad bike. Rain felt much the same. One thing, P'Phayu prided himself in was that every bike at race ran optimally so that every single race was decided by skill alone. It's why P'Pakin trusted him with all his bikes.

When the man actually dared to spit on the bike Rain became worried for P'Phayu. Not that he was in any danger from this barking dog, but if P'Phayu broke the rules and punched this asshole like he so richly deserved, then his position as favorite mechanic might not save him from the consequences. Rain could only hope P'Phayu could stay cool.

It seemed a close thing, especially when the he grabbed P'Phayu by the collar but P'Phayu goaded him with words instead. P'Chai stopped him from punching P'Phayu and the idiot actually had the nerve to call P'Chai a lackey. Wow Rain had never known anyone who would dare curse at P'Chai.

Rain was beyond relieved when the asshole left.

Varain moves to where P'Phayu is looking over the bike that the spoiled boy rode. He tells his mechanics to take it, he'll check it after the race.

"Are you okay?" P'Phayu asks Varain.

"That should be my question. Are you okay? You look mad."  Varain answers.

P'Phayu admits he wanted to punch the spoiled boy.

"But you did such a great job of enduring it. Isn't my boyfriend so cool." Varain says with his arms around P'Phayu's waist.

While Varain calms down P'Phayu Rain thinks how fast their relationship has progressed. Rain isn't sure if he believes in soulmates or not but if there is a such thing then P'Phayu is his soulmate in every universe he is sure.

♾️♾️♾️♾️

It's the first day of summer break and Rain is already feeling a bit of loss of how to spend his time. He wishes he had thought about it before today but he had assumed he would be tired enough to be lazy for a day or two.

Instead he is feeling restless and hyper. P'Phayu is at work and Sky is on the way to Lopburi to visit his dad. Rain tries to read and then watch a series but he quickly grows bored of both. This is just going to be one of those days when he can't sit still. Finally he decided to put some music on, grab his earbuds, and start organizing his school supplies that take up half of P'Phayu's office now. He throws away what he doesn't need. When he is done with that he grabs the cleaning supplies from the hall closet and throughly cleans the office, working his way around P'Phayu's paperwork since he doesn't want to touch his things and risk losing something important.

From there he moves to the bedroom, upstairs bathroom, guest room and so on. The house is fairly clean to begin with, there is a lady that comes in twice a week, but Rain enjoys the physical activity when he is like this.

He is just finishing up some laundry when P'Phayu comes home from work. Rain reminds himself to talk to the senior about somethings he can do over the summer. There will be days when he feels he can relax but he also knows there will be more days like today as well.

♾️♾️♾️♾️

"Your wages." P'Phayu says holding out a drink to Varain.

"Just this?" What Varain really wants is praise for a job well done. He is a little disappointed that P'Phayu isn't patting him on the head and telling him he's a good boy, maybe literally. Praise slut Rain thinks with a laugh, he knows the feeling though he is always a little insatiable for praise himself.

"What more do you want?" P'Phayu asks. As if you don't know, Rain thinks. Although the discussion about duty that follows gets Rain wondering if maybe he should volunteer to help out at the garage sometimes at least until the next semester starts. He likes to feel useful and if the reward is kisses from P'Phayu he would consider that a fair exchange.

This time P'Saifah interrupts not to tease but to bring bad news. The spoiled rich boy from the racetrack wants to challenge P'Phayu to a race. He probably thinks that as a mechanic that he looks down on, P'Phayu will be no challenge. The idiot doesn't realize that P'Phayu is the one person who can sometimes beat even P'Pai in a race, although they tend to exchange victories both being equally skilled. Rain knows that inept boy has no chance of beating P'Phayu.

Varain however is worried. Especially when P'Saifah tells P'Phayu he shouldn't race because the guy will just cheat. Rain is certain even cheating won't win him a victory. P'Phayu'a skills comes from both training as a racer from the time he was old enough to ride a bike and from being such a skilled mechanic that he can adjust his racing style just by listening to the engine.

Varain hasn't been around P'Phayu long enough to know all this though. Rain tries to give him reassurances but Varain can't help but worry about P'Phayu. He had determined that when they were alone he would try to talk P'Phayu out of racing. Rain already knew that was a losing battle but he also knew that Varain's vague vision of the race ending in fire and injury were unfounded. He would see P'Phayu's skills in full display.

♾️♾️♾️♾️

Rain broaches the subject of helping out at the garage the next day.

"I think that's a wonderful idea. I will also leave you some books to read up on architecture theory and structure, wouldn't hurt to build a basis for next term. Don't overdo it though, remember to balance your time, you should take some time to relax as well."

Rain nods. It's something they have been working on together. P'Phayu used the time he worked on engines to relax. Rain enjoyed playing games but those didn't always equal relaxation. Maybe he should look into finding a hobby. Something like drawing or painting might suit him well.

♾️♾️♾️♾️

"What about you, Rain, who do you think will win?" P'Pai asks. Rain sees they are at the racetrack that P'Phayu uses to test bikes that he works on for the street races. This must be where they have agreed to race the spoiled boy.

P'Phayu comes out in his favorite race suit and Rain mentally swallows. He looks so hot in this outfit. Varain obviously shares that sentiment, especially when P'Phayu asks him if he wants to see what it looks like when he takes it off. Varain's imagination runs wild with just that question.

The spoiled boy shows up with his friend, and spouts some nonsense with homophobic undertones. Rain doesn't blame Varain for wanting to attack him, Rain wouldn't mind taking a swing at him as well. P'Phayu holds him back though, goading the guy by calling him a dog that's only good at barking.

Rain smiles at how feistly Varain says he won't defeat P'Phayu in his next 10 lives. P'Phayu promises Varain he will win and Rain is sure that is a promise he will keep.

When they start out, Top,  as his friend called him so that's his name, starts out in the lead. Rain knows that P'Phayu is trailing behind on purpose to test his skills. His nonexistent skills. P'Phayu easily over takes him to win.

Varain's heart swells with pride as he runs into P'Phayu and kisses him not caring that they are still in public.

Varain takes him by the hand and leads him to the car while Top does indeed act like a barking dog, yelling that he hasn't lost yet.

Rain sees the images and feels the desire and want in Varain's head. He decides it's time to leave again. Seriously, maybe P'Saifah had a point, Rain thinks with a little smirk.