Parallel Universe?

When Rain arrived to class the next morning, Sky, Sig, and Por were discussing an anime they all liked. Rain hadn't seen it so he asked what it was about.

"It's about an Isekai hero from a parallel world that saves a small kingdom." Sky said.

Rain froze. "Parallel world?"

"Sure you know, a bubble universe. A world that is like ours with small changes." Small changes like different earrings, different hairstyles, that sort of thing Rain thinks.

"So if parallel worlds exist would our alternative selves have slightly different personalities?" Rain asks.

"Oh, definitely," Sky said enjoying what he probably thought of as a theoretical discussion. "They would have different experiences. Our experiences help shape our personalities."

Different experiences like not meeting the love of your life at the faculty open house, but meeting them several months later when you have a blown tire.

Rain's mind is racing. Could his so called dreams actually be hops into a parallel universe? That seemed crazy but then again the dreams had never really felt like dreams. In the end he decides to treat the idea of a parallel universe as if it's real regardless. The worst that could happen is he could have a series of interesting dreams.

He thinks about his other self, Varain and wonders what the best way would be to make him realize that P'Phayu is his happiness. The idea of being a matchmaker for himself has occurred before even when he thought that he was simply having dreams.

When he arrives home (Rain has long considered P'Phayu's house to be home even though he officially still lives with his parents) he takes the dream diary and reads back through the entries he has made so far, then turns to the back and starts listing what he knows about Varain.

He titles the page Mission Matchmaker

1. Varain isn't aware of his sexuality

That was a big problem and probably one of the largest obstacles to get past.

2. Varain is unusually innocent and naive.

That sort of tied with point one. P'Phayu had been Rain's first and only lover but Rain had always been well aware of who he was attracted to and had never been half as naive as Varain. Maybe Varain had an especially sheltered childhood.

3. Varain is definitely attracted to P'Phayu

Rain hadn't missed the strong emotions, or for that matter the strong erection, Varain had last night.

4. P'Phayu is also strongly attracted to Varain.

Otherwise he wouldn't have gone through all the trouble to disable Varain's car.

5. Varain is emotional and impulsive with little to no filter.

His actions last night had proven that.

Next he listed the things he knew about his mind hops.

1. He could read  Varain's emotions and surface memories.
2. He could project his thoughts if they were strong enough, although Varain seemed to read them as his own thoughts.
3. Varain wasn't aware of his presence.

He could add other things as he figured them out.

Rain then goes to the office to work on his assignments. There's no point in waiting on P'Phayu tonight, he's already sent a text that he has to work late followed by a client dinner. So Rain decides to have an early dinner then takes out the book about Parallel universes that he had borrowed from the university library.