Worthy

"Those guys are all sleeping like the dead," Sky said sitting down by Varain on the steps. "Let's wake them up in an hour."

It's one o'clock in the morning and they have been working on a group project with Sig and Por. It's Friday night (well Saturday morning now) almost a week since P'Phayu has told Varain not to come to the garage.

The plan is to get this project done tonight then sleep for a while before each starts working on their individual final projects due in the next couple of weeks. The biggest one being the presentation they have to make in front of their professors complete with model and presentation boards. This will make up a large portion of their final grades.

The way Varain is holding his phone, Rain can tell he has been hoping for a message from P'Phayu without reading his emotions.

"Ai'Sky, Do remember what we talked about last time? When I said I wasn't sure if I liked P'Phayu. I don't know whether I do or not. All I know is, I don't want to give up." Varain tells Sky. Interesting, apparently Sky had guessed it was P'Phayu that Varain was trying to win over.

Now Sky tells him that every time she said Varain was annoying, he never really meant it. He likes it that Varain is someone who never gives up.

"I want to prove it to him." Varain says.

"Then what are you waiting for?" Sky answers.

Varain realizes that Sky is right, if he doesn't show P'Phayu that he is working hard the senior will never see his effort.

Rain thinks this is a good plan.

Varain doesn't even go to bed after the group finishes. He just goes home long enough for a shower, a change of clothes and to grab his laptop. He is afraid if he waits he will lose his nerve to go to the garage after P'Phayu told him to stay away.

P'Phayu is the first person Varain sees at the garage, but the senior just walks by him without acknowledging him. Varain decides not to let that deter him. He has come all this way to prove himself.

Varain greets P'Aon and P'Nui politely then asks if he can work in the office, but P'Aon tells him he's not allowed inside.

Varain then asks for a chair. His plan, suggested by Rain, is to take the chair to a quiet corner of the garage. It starts raining soon after so he sets up his chair just inside the garage door out of the rain. It's hot and he absentmindedly wipes away sweat while concentrating on his report for his final project.

Rain was well pleased when P'Phayu came to chase him away that Varain stood up for himself. Rain knew anyone who wanted a relationship with the senior would need this quality. A few minutes after P'Phayu sighed and walked off, P'Aon came to take Varain to study in the office. Round one victory.

♾️♾️♾️♾️

Rain is working on his own final project. He wants to do well for his own sake and he wants to make P'Phayu proud of him. P'Phayu has also promised if he does well they can take a trip together anywhere Rain wants so there's that too.

Their assignment is a pretty simple one, since it's for first year. They just need to design a unique house complete with landscaping elements. Rain has spent studying concepts and he knows what he wants to do. He has read up on applying energy efficient housing ideas to Thai housing designs and thinks that will make a great final project. He runs the idea by P'Phayu just to make sure he's not taking on too much.

"Looks like a great idea, smart boy. You can do it." The senior answers after looking over the rough first draft design Rain has drawn up.

Rain beams.