First Date

"How's it going? Your mission to seduce a guy?" Rain is surprised Varain told Sky about his mission. Apparently Varain hadn't mentioned P'Phayu by name though.

"I haven't even seen his face." Varain whines, and Rain can't help but to chuckle at the surface memories. Varain showing up at the garage day after day only to find P'Phayu not there. Had Varain forgotten that phones exist?

As if in answer, Varain's phone gives a message notification.

P'Phayu:  If you want to see me there's an easier way. Think about it carefully.

"What does that mean?" Varain thinks. Rain rolls his eyes.

"Go see P'Aon" he suggests. Rain knows P'Phayu is wanting Varain to call and make an appointment, but he will bet anything that the senior also left instructions at the garage in case Varain doesn't get it. That might help Rain as well, to know what else is bothering P'Phayu. Obviously he isn't happy that Varain is just showing up at the garage without an appointment when they are both busy people, but Rain feels there is something he is missing.

P'Aon has indeed been given instructions to pass onto Varain in the form of three clues.

Clue one: some people prefer a phone call.

Ah Rain had guessed that one.

Clue two: someone has a soft spot for polite boys.

There it was, P'Phayu wanted to see if his lessons in politeness had made an impact. Varain hadn't sworn at him during the electrically charged night and morning following the race, but there was more to politeness than just not using rude language.

Clue three: someone will have their pay cut if they don't go back to work.

With that P'Aon hurried of leaving Varain confused and Rain laughing.

Getting the point of clue one Varain calls P'Phayu but somehow completely misses the point of the second clue at first. Finally Rain gives him an extra loud prompt "Be Polite!"

Once Varain remembers his manners, P'Phayu agrees to meet him after work. For some reason Varain hasn't brought any of his schoolwork with him, although he has plenty to do. Rain thinks that he will have to be more responsible about his time, he has already seen that Varain's grades aren't as good as they could be. Rain is very glad that his P'Phayu has given him structure and rules that he desperately needed. It has made his first year much easier and developed a foundation for his upcoming years.

Varain played on his phone for a while then just sat and ate snacks. He had waited almost two hours when P'Saifah came in.

Rain knows that P'Saifah isn't as big of a tease as P'Phayu but it's a close thing. Since Rain has also met P'Phayu's parents he knows the whole family is like that.  When P'Phayu and Rain first started dating P'Saifah made a game about how much he could embarrass Rain. Especially before P'Saifah walked in on them one too many times and decided he had to have his own place. Rain is pretty sure the dining room table had been the last straw from P'Saifah's disgusted, "I eat here!"

So Rain knows when this P'Saifah tells Varain that he is something for putting up with his twin, Rain knows that it's meant as a tease. For some reason Varain takes it to mean that no one ever waited for P'Phayu the way that he has.

Both P'Saifah and Rain laugh at the idea. P'Phayu may not have gotten around nearly as much as P'Pai (who did?!?) but there is a reason why Rain calls the room above the garage the hook up pad.

P'Saifah tells Varain he's not the first and Rain feels a strong wave of jealousy coming from him. It's not  because Varain is surprised that P'Phayu has had lovers in the past that he is jealous. It's because P'Phayu chose them but said he doesn't choose Varain.