Chapter 8. A Broken Promise

⊱ ────────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ──────── ⊰

"Bye Dad!" Rebecca said as she opened her front door to walk outside. It was the next day, and Rebecca was meeting Daniel at his apartment so they could ride to school together like they normally do. "I'll see you after school."

"Bye kiddo. Have a good day at school." Dean said as he walked down the hall to get ready for his shift at the auto shop.

Rebecca smiled and closed the door. Grabbing her bike by the garage, she got on and pedaled to the south seas apartments, set her bike by the gate, and walked inside, only to notice, his bike was already gone. "Odd, he was fine yesterday." She thought to herself as she walked up the steps that led to his apartment.

When she reached his apartment, she knocked on the door, and was greeted by Lucille. "Hi Rebecca." she smiled

"Hi Mrs. LaRusso. Is Daniel here? I'm here to ride to school with him." Rebecca smiled

"Sweetie, I told you before to call me Lucille, and I'm sorry, but he went on to school." Lucille said

"Oh, all right. I'll see you later." Rebecca smiled

"Bye sweetie. Have a good day at school." Lucille smiled

"Thank you." Rebecca smiled as she turned to walk away.

Rebecca walked down the steps, and out the gate and got on her bike. She took out her walkman and put in her favorite Stevie Nicks cassette tape as Edge of Seventeen played

・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・

After second period English, Rebecca stood at her locker grabbing her book and her notebook for Mr. Harris' third period history class, when out of the corner of her eye, she saw Daniel walking up her. What she didn't see, was the huge scuff on his face.

"Hey Becca." Daniel said

"Hey Daniel. I missed riding bikes with you this morning." Rebecca smiled. She turned to look at him, and the smile quickly faded when she saw the huge scuff marks on his forehead. She became frantic as she examined his face. "Daniel, what the fuck happened? Who did this to you?"

"I fell off my bike and hit a curb." Daniel lied.

Rebecca folded her arms over her chest and shook her head. "Daniel, I know that's what you told your mom, but I don't believe you. I'm your best friend, you're mine, and I want the truth." she said

Daniel sighed in defeat. "Last night after I left the restaurant, those Cobra Kai assholes came out of nowhere on their motorcycles and pushed me off the road, and they told me to stay away from you. I fell down the hill and I broke my bike." Daniel said embarrassed.

"Daniel..." Rebecca said, but was cut off by Daniel

"I'll see you later, okay?" Daniel smiled softly, clearly embarrassed by the whole incident. The brunette just folded her arms over her chest, and watched as Daniel walked away, a melancholy look on her face.

At the end of the day, Rebecca, Ali, Susan, and Barbara were walking down the hall together, and she had her backpack on her left shoulder. Rebecca was on one side of Ali, Susan was on the other, and Barbara was on the other side of Rebecca.