Chapter 27. Happy Valentine's Day

⊱ ────────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ──────── ⊰

February 1985

It was February 14th. Next to Christmas, it was Rebecca's favorite day of the year. Every year, she always made dinner for Dean and Lisa, then watched old romance movies in her room. She also loved the holiday, because of the pink and red roses, endless love songs that played on the radio, and romance movies that showed at the drive-in and the walk-in theatre. This year was extra special, because it was her first Valentine's Day with Bobby.

Rebecca and Ali stood by their lockers, grabbing their text books and notebooks for their last class for the day. "What are you and Bobby doing tonight?" Ali asked as she closed her locker, hugged her text books to her chest and waited for her best friend.

Rebecca held her book and notebook to her chest as she closed her locker and replied, "I asked him that very same question this morning when he picked me up. He told me it was a surprise. He did give me a bouquet of pink carnations." she smiled. "What about you and Daniel?"

"That's the sweetest. Daniel told me it was a surprise as well." Ali smiled as she and Rebecca walked down the hallway together. "Well, after school, would you like to go get your nails done with me?"

Rebecca smiled and nodded. "Sure."

Meanwhile, over by Bobby's locker, he was talking to his friends about the perfect date, which just got ruined. The nice restaurant canceled their reservations last minute.

Running a hand through his hair, Bobby said, "I don't know what I'm going to do here. Bec told me she has always loved Valentine's Day. I know she was really looking forward to this Valentine's Day, because it's our first Valentine's Day as a couple. I don't know what I'm going to do. We go to Golf N' Stuff all the time. I was planning on the restaurant, but that's out of the question. God she's gonna hate me. Or worse, dump me." He was freaking out big time.

Johnny placed a hand on his best friend's shoulder in attempt to calm him down. "Bobby, calm down man. Look, things happen and Becca understands that. You need to be honest with her about it. Do you honestly think she wants to spend Valentine's Day at a crowded restaurant with expensive food?"

Bobby shook his head. "No."

"Exactly. As far as dumping you is concerned, Becca is crazy about you. She loves you, man. She wants to spend Valentine's Day with you." Johnny said

"Johnny's right. That's why you should always have a backup plan. Luckily, I'm here to help. Let's start with flowers. What kind did you get?" Susan asked

"Pink carnations. She said those were her favorite. She hates red roses because they had those at her mother's funeral." Bobby said

"You've definitely made the right move going with the pink carnations." Susan said.

Dutch scratched his head in confusion. "But chicks love roses on Valentine's Day."

Susan scoffed, rolled her eyes in annoyance, then whacked Dutch on the side of the head. "But Becca's not like other chicks you idiot."

Tommy smirked as he got an idea. "Hey, I've got an idea."

Susan rolled her eyes, then spoke. "What?"

"Why don't you get her red carnations since it's a sensual color, she'll see the red color, get hot and you two can fuck all night." Tommy smirked and the guys all laughed, except Bobby who rolled his eyes in annoyance